Mt. Lebanon pool opening may be delayed
Mt. Lebanon officials may not know until Friday whether they can open the community's renovated swimming pool as planned on Sunday, given a tight schedule, a pending inspection and the threat of inclement weather.
Work totaling $4.2 million at the pool and bathhouse was coming down to the wire, Recreation Director David Donnellan told Mt. Lebanon commissioners on Tuesday.
The remodeled pool was being filled early this week, the chemical system was to be installed Wednesday morning and the last concrete work on the deck was planned as the National Weather Service predicted a 60 percent chance of rain on Wednesday afternoon.
The Allegheny County Health Department is to inspect the pool on Friday, but that leaves no time to fix any problems the inspectors find and get a reinspection before the promised Sunday opening, Donnellan said.
If the staff or commissioners decide to postpone the opening, officials will post a notice online, send out automated “Lebo Alert” email and text messages and notify pool pass holders, he said.
Matthew Santoni is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5625 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Allegheny County Council wants to hike members’ $3K expense accounts
- No federal funds to help enforce Pa. ban on texting by drivers
- Newsmaker: Christine Pease-Hernandez
- Defying the odds makes this Thanksgiving particularly poignant
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Reading Harry Potter provides clues to brain activity, CMU researchers say
- Growth spurs expanded staff at Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- Snow removal crews from Pennsylvania hit the road to help Buffalo
- Girl, 12, rescues 4-year-old sister from burning house in Homestead
- Group’s proposed fracking moratorium for Allegheny County parks to go on council agenda
- Nude photos of Penn Hills High School students spur investigation