Newsmaker: Steve Cuden
Noteworthy: Delivered a presentation on the topic of creating memorable scenes at the annual Women in Film and Television International Summit in Pittsburgh.
Residence: Squirrel Hill
Occupation: Assistant professor at Point Park University in cinema arts, specializing in screen writing. Author of “Beating Broadway: How to Create Stories for Musicals That Get Standing Ovations.” Co-creator of “Jekyll & Hyde, The Musical.”
Education: B.A., theatre, University of Southern California, 1978; M.F.A., screenwriting, University of California, Los Angeles, 2010.
Quote: “Pittsburgh has become a destination location for motion picture makers of all kinds, TV and film. Part of it has to do with our tax credits, which I hope the state continues to back, and part has to do with the fact that we have spectacular locations all over this area.”
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Storm could drop 4-6 inches of snow on Pittsburgh area
- Project to End Human Trafficking volunteers help Uganda
- Grandview development plan inches ahead in Mt. Washington
- Newsmaker: John O’Brien
- Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh doubles goal with $230M pledged in largest fundraiser
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Mt. Lebanon High School to sell its planetarium equipment
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites
- ‘Line is definitely blurry,’ state police say of dating websites and prostitution
- Commander: City police working to improve accountability
- Man arrested in massive Homestead fire