Newsmaker: Jacob Rooksby
Noteworthy: Received Duquesne University's Dr. John and Liz Murray Excellence in Scholarship Award, which includes a $10,000 prize.
Family: Wife, Susan; daughter, Foster.
Education: Bachelor's degree from the College of William & Mary and a master's degree, law degree and doctorate from the University of Virginia
Occupation: Assistant professor of law at Duquesne University
Background: Teaches courses on the fundamentals of intellectual property, law and higher education, social media and the law, technology innovation law, and torts. His work has been published in the Harvard Journal of Law & Technology, the Yale Journal of Law & Technology, the Journal of Law & Education, The Chronicle of Higher Education and the Akron Law Review. He is a contributing editor for highereducationlaw.org's blog and the secretary/treasurer of the Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association.
Quote: “Since law is an applied profession, what we write can help shape institutions, legal systems and decision-making today. Practicing attorneys face different constraints and reward structures than we do. As I see it, we as law professors have the unique opportunity, and the obligation, to conduct research that quite literally can change how people think and act.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former youth volunteer facing federal child pornography charges
- 6 shot at Clairton speakeasy; police seek suspects
- Snow removal crews from Pennsylvania hit the road to help Buffalo
- Youngsters embrace technology that combines art, software in 3D printing
- Important McKees Rocks road returns to 2-way traffic, delighting businesses
- District judge who performed state’s first same-sex wedding looks higher
- Light Up Night, games, shows, concert to attract 400,000 to Downtown Pittsburgh
- Baltimore man killed in McKeesport crash
- Slain FBI agent Dixon’s legacy lives on in Pittsburgh Field Office, 10K race fundraiser
- Water main break leaves Millvale dry for several hours
- Newsmaker: Rebecca Kronk