West Deer police: Train may have hit man flown to hospital
A train might have struck a man early Sunday near Creighton Russellton and Mahaffey roads in West Deer, township police said.
Police said the man was unconscious but alive when a helicopter flew him to a hospital after the incident, reported to Allegheny County dispatchers at 5:38 a.m. He had a deep cut on the back of his head, police said.
They declined to release the man's name or other information Sunday morning, citing an active investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Blawnox man’s torture, death a robbery plot gone wrong, police say
- Overturned cement truck knocks out power in South Side Slopes
- North Shore access to be limited Saturday for Chesney concert, officials say
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto returning from manufacturing trade mission to Cuba
- Penn Hills votes to sell, lease vacant school space
- Duquesne University to raise minimum wage floor
- Plum schools, dealing with sex scandal, to form panel in June
- CMU, Pittsburgh’s Surtrac program aims to ease traffic congestion
- Air rifle incidents on the rise, experts say
- Lawsuit filed against PWSA for inaccurate billing from radio-controlled meter readers
- ‘Rock-a-thon Queen’ keeps on rockin’ for Vincentian fundraiser