West Deer police: Train may have hit man flown to hospital
A train might have struck a man early Sunday near Creighton Russellton and Mahaffey roads in West Deer, township police said.
Police said the man was unconscious but alive when a helicopter flew him to a hospital after the incident, reported to Allegheny County dispatchers at 5:38 a.m. He had a deep cut on the back of his head, police said.
They declined to release the man's name or other information Sunday morning, citing an active investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Giant Eagle provides assistance to fight proposed Wal-Mart in McCandless
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- Peduto says city dropped UPMC lawsuit to help nonprofit payment talks
- Dairy Queen co-manager in fair condition from crash, hospital officials report
- Corbett christens $960K bus shelter, bicycle station in Robinson
- Most back Holy Family’s plan to house children who crossed border
- Blind man accused in stabbing on South Side to stand trial
- Developers push for extended tax breaks on South Side Works proposals
- URA tweaks financing for renovation of Masonic Temple building in North Side
- Save-the-map appeal generates $10K online to revitalize North Side artwork
- Shenango asks judge to dismiss suit by environmental group