Work to close lanes on Baum, Centre and Penn Circle South
Work to improve traffic signals on three roads through Oakland, Bloomfield, Shadyside and East Liberty will prompt lane closures and could impact traffic, PennDOT said.
The work begins Monday and will last through July 11 as crews from Bronder Technical Services Inc. upgrade signals at the following intersections:
• Baum Boulevard at North Craig Street, Melwood, Millvale and Morewood avenues, the Luna Garage driveway, Cypress Street, South Atlantic and South Aiken avenues, South Graham Street, Roup and South Negley avenues, and Friendship Avenue at Penn Circle West
• Centre Avenue at Craig Street, Melwood Avenue, North Neville Street and the busway ramp, South Millvale Avenue, Morewood Avenue, Cypress Street, Liberty and South Aiken avenues, Graham Street, South Negley Avenue, Penn Circle South, and Euclid Avenue
• Penn Circle South at Beatty Street and South Highland Avenue
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pittsburgh city vehicle repair delays elicit gripes about Cincinnati company
- Allegheny County police balk at plan for rangers to patrol parks
- Pitcairn police department 1st in Western Pennsylvania to carry Narcan for heroin overdoses
- Scientists hope tiny robotic bee’s big dreams take flight
- Law targeting sexual violence prompts campuses to review, publish policies
- Pittsburgh bishop throws cold water on ALS group, which uses embryonic stem cells
- Suit over too-tall Pittsburgh Parking Authority meters nearly settled
- Wilson Center event rentals thwarted by cooling system repairs
- Inbound Liberty Tunnel will reopen for morning rush
- Pittsburgh Parking Authority break set for holiday motorists
- Police charge Steelers’ Bell, Blount with marijuana possession