Aliquippa girl, 2, dies, sister hurt after dresser falls
A 2-year-old Aliquippa girl died after a dresser fell on her on Friday, the Beaver County coroner said.
Brooklyn Beatty was pronounced dead at Heritage Valley Beaver hospital in Brighton, said Coroner Teri Tatalovich-Rossi, who received the call at 12:55 p.m.
The girl's sister, 3, who was injured in the incident at their home, was transported to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC in Lawrenceville, Tatalovich-Rossi said.
The emergency call came in 11:25 a.m., said Capt. Dave Childs of the Aliquippa Fire Bureau.
“We responded because they were reported not to be breathing and we arrived on scene and found that to be the case,” he said.
He and other emergency responders performed CPR on the girls, he said.
Tory N. Parrish is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Gulls fleeing frozen Great Lakes fill skies over Pittsburgh’s Point
- CMU software eases task of mining prostitution ads
- New CEO eager to revitalize Pittsburgh International Airport
- Pa. Turnpike claims software fraud, wants $45M
- Newsmaker: Ron Croushore
- Pittsburgh mayor denies ethics investigation into his ‘Undercover Boss’ performance
- 2nd lawsuit filed against Gov. Wolf seeking reinstatement of open records director
- Charge against ex-Steeler dropped after community service
- Sting highlights demand for Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had ‘troubled’ relationship
- Wintry mix of rain, freezing rain and snow bearing down on Pittsburgh area