Crash kills Washington County motorcyclist
A Washington County man, Michael Lukan, 22, of Midway, died on Friday afternoon of injuries he suffered in a motorcycle accident that morning.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said Lukan's motorcycle and another vehicle collided near the intersection of Park Avenue and Scenic Drive in North Franklin, Washington County, at about 11:50 a.m. Friday.
Authorities said the driver of the second vehicle did not require medical treatment. Lukan was taken to Allegheny General Hospital by helicopter, where he was pronounced dead at 1:27 p.m. of multiple blunt force injuries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- North Shore access to be limited Saturday for Chesney concert, officials say
- Blawnox man’s torture, death a robbery plot gone wrong, police say
- Overturned cement truck knocks out power in South Side Slopes
- Air rifle incidents on the rise, experts say
- Duquesne University to raise minimum wage floor
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto returning from manufacturing trade mission to Cuba
- Plum schools, dealing with sex scandal, to form panel in June
- Penn Hills votes to sell, lease vacant school space
- Land eyed for trail connectors to expand Harrison Hills Park
- Pa. gaming industry’s growth amplifies siren call for addicts
- Aging natural gas pipelines in Green Tree to be replaced