Crash kills Washington County motorcyclist
A Washington County man, Michael Lukan, 22, of Midway, died on Friday afternoon of injuries he suffered in a motorcycle accident that morning.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said Lukan's motorcycle and another vehicle collided near the intersection of Park Avenue and Scenic Drive in North Franklin, Washington County, at about 11:50 a.m. Friday.
Authorities said the driver of the second vehicle did not require medical treatment. Lukan was taken to Allegheny General Hospital by helicopter, where he was pronounced dead at 1:27 p.m. of multiple blunt force injuries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- North Fayette company changes defendants in Antonio Brown endorsement lawsuit
- Sinkhole caused by mine subsidence closes Laketon Road in Penn Hills
- Lawrenceville man will stand trial on ‘revenge porn’ charges
- Man charged in child rape case from 2014 arrested again
- Wilkinsburg state deputy constable charged with official oppression
- North Side blogger pushes herself for a cause
- Pittsburgh police release photo of alleged cash snatcher
- Contraband found 3 times on fired Allegheny County jail psychiatrist
- Forest Hills picks new mayor for rest of year
- $10M in Pittsburgh funds stay on hold until payroll management system is complete
- Allegheny County loses population, Census figures indicate