Crash kills Washington County motorcyclist
A Washington County man, Michael Lukan, 22, of Midway, died on Friday afternoon of injuries he suffered in a motorcycle accident that morning.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said Lukan's motorcycle and another vehicle collided near the intersection of Park Avenue and Scenic Drive in North Franklin, Washington County, at about 11:50 a.m. Friday.
Authorities said the driver of the second vehicle did not require medical treatment. Lukan was taken to Allegheny General Hospital by helicopter, where he was pronounced dead at 1:27 p.m. of multiple blunt force injuries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sting highlights demand for Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
- Goodell defends league, dodges difficult questions
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had ‘troubled’ relationship
- 2nd lawsuit filed against Gov. Wolf seeking reinstatement of open records director
- New CEO eager to revitalize Pittsburgh International Airport
- Week before sentencing, Ferrante seeks acquittal or new trial
- Mt. Lebanon High School to sell its planetarium equipment
- Charge against ex-Steeler dropped after community service
- Beaver County man arrested in 24-year-old Clinton County cold case
- Pittsburgh mayor denies ethics investigation into his ‘Undercover Boss’ performance
- Pa. Turnpike claims software fraud, wants $45M