Crash kills Washington County motorcyclist
A Washington County man, Michael Lukan, 22, of Midway, died on Friday afternoon of injuries he suffered in a motorcycle accident that morning.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said Lukan's motorcycle and another vehicle collided near the intersection of Park Avenue and Scenic Drive in North Franklin, Washington County, at about 11:50 a.m. Friday.
Authorities said the driver of the second vehicle did not require medical treatment. Lukan was taken to Allegheny General Hospital by helicopter, where he was pronounced dead at 1:27 p.m. of multiple blunt force injuries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- More witness intimidation charges are filed against Plum teacher
- 80 percent of drivers found exceeding speed limit in Mt. Lebanon, Bethel Park
- Wet weather puts Three Rivers Regatta events in jeopardy
- Southside zoning clashes with parking: Workers hurt
- American Airlines manager arrested in Pittsburgh on sex crimes charges
- Pittsburgh capital plans shift to repairs to police, fire, paramedic stations
- Run-down duplex that Dormont helped to rehab not on the market long
- Newsmaker: Dr. J. Anthony Graves
- Reserve poker player with investor backing exits tournament early
- 5 teens injured in East Liberty crash while eluding police
- State trooper released after Ohio Township crash