Crash kills Washington County motorcyclist
A Washington County man, Michael Lukan, 22, of Midway, died on Friday afternoon of injuries he suffered in a motorcycle accident that morning.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said Lukan's motorcycle and another vehicle collided near the intersection of Park Avenue and Scenic Drive in North Franklin, Washington County, at about 11:50 a.m. Friday.
Authorities said the driver of the second vehicle did not require medical treatment. Lukan was taken to Allegheny General Hospital by helicopter, where he was pronounced dead at 1:27 p.m. of multiple blunt force injuries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt’s new chancellor Gallagher to continue broad role at school
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- Liberty Tunnel set to close; other highway projects around Pittsburgh also to start
- Newsmaker: Shirley Ho
- Oakland eatery Fuel & Fuddle to reopen under new owners
- Feds admit cooperation remains obstacle with corporations, cyber threats
- 30 cited for blocking street at union rally at UPMC facility
- Pittsburgh Public Safety Director Bucar upset with DA Zappala for alert
- Private parking lots slow to follow Pittsburgh’s increase in rates
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- Dairy Queen co-manager in fair condition from crash, hospital officials report