Newsmaker: Cathy Mary
Noteworthy: Gov. Tom Corbett nominated Mary to serve on the state Industrial Board.
Residence: South Park.
Family: Husband, John; son, Rick; daughter, Sarah.
Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting and economics from Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
Occupation: Owner of AEC Group Inc., which provides technology, infrastructure and staffing services to companies and other clients.
Civic activities: Supporter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and Hillman Center. Through the Hire With Heart program, AEC has donated $50,000 in employment fees to dozens of charities chosen by clients.
A bout the Industrial Board: The volunteer group of private citizens and professionals reviews decisions made by the state Department of Labor and Industry, especially involving construction, to determine if they are consistent with state laws.
Quote: “I'm always interested in learning about new things. I thought this might be a way to help out without technically getting politically involved.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- In U.S., 1 in 4 say secession favorable
- Judge denies request to lift gag order in Ford case
- Google grants teachers’ school supply wishes
- 2 Oakland houses destroyed by fire; none hurt
- City of Pittsburgh detective, 2 boys finalize adoption before judge
- Police investigate armed robberies in Lawrenceville
- Bethel Park settled police officer’s suit for $25,000
- State lawmakers delay hearings on Corbett’s review of academic standards
- Latest flu vaccines offer protection from 4 influenza strains instead of traditional 3
- Diocese of Pittsburgh plans service in response to black mass
- Parents keep children home from Brookline schools over threats