Newsmaker: Mary Jo Dively
Noteworthy: Dively was honored by officials from Children's Hospital of UPMC for her 15 years of service as chairwoman of the hospital's board of trustees. She stepped down as chairwoman but will remain on the board.
Residence: Fox Chapel
Family: Husband, Lane; triplet sons, Morgan, Cameron, and William, 19
Occupation: Vice president and general counsel of Carnegie Mellon University
Education: Bachelor's degrees in English and journalism, University of Kansas; law degree, Vanderbilt University
Background: Dively has served on the hospital's board since 1993 and guided it as chairwoman during its affiliation agreement with UPMC and the decision to build a facility in Lawrenceville. Officials named the auditorium in the hospital's John G. Rangos Sr. Research Center the Mary Jo Howard Dively Auditorium.
Quote: “(Children's Hospital) is just so important to our region. I'm a mom; I know how much it's needed. I want to do what I can to make sure it stays as superb as it is.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Icy roads, cold causing school delays, wrecks in Western Pa.
- Newsmaker: Patrick Juola
- Children treated to gifts, peaceful holiday party at Lincoln-Lemington church
- Christmas in Western Pa. predicted to be ‘slightly white’
- Tree recycling offered at Allegheny County parks
- Pittsburgh adjusting to new bicycle lane, ‘stop boxes’
- Brashear High ‘little libraries’ program rolls out
- Butler legislator gives weekly GOP address
- Thanks to $75K grant, startup to bring food to underserved in Pittsburgh
- German firm Nextbike to provide first 500 bikes for Pittsburgh sharing program