Newsmaker: Mary Jo Dively
Noteworthy: Dively was honored by officials from Children's Hospital of UPMC for her 15 years of service as chairwoman of the hospital's board of trustees. She stepped down as chairwoman but will remain on the board.
Residence: Fox Chapel
Family: Husband, Lane; triplet sons, Morgan, Cameron, and William, 19
Occupation: Vice president and general counsel of Carnegie Mellon University
Education: Bachelor's degrees in English and journalism, University of Kansas; law degree, Vanderbilt University
Background: Dively has served on the hospital's board since 1993 and guided it as chairwoman during its affiliation agreement with UPMC and the decision to build a facility in Lawrenceville. Officials named the auditorium in the hospital's John G. Rangos Sr. Research Center the Mary Jo Howard Dively Auditorium.
Quote: “(Children's Hospital) is just so important to our region. I'm a mom; I know how much it's needed. I want to do what I can to make sure it stays as superb as it is.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man fatally shot in East Liberty; police investigating 2nd shooting
- Tiny black weevils booming in W.Pa.
- Homewood West woman charged after stabbing woman during card game
- Independence Day festivities scheduled
- Fireworks displays costly, but W. Pa. communities feel obligated
- Public implored to avoid iPhone cases that resemble guns
- Attorney general accuses Golden Living homes of failing to provide basic services to elderly
- Homestead Cemetery records will be preserved
- American Airlines manager arrested in Pittsburgh on sex crimes charges
- Plenty going on in Pittsburgh over holiday weekend