Newsmaker: Jay Cleveland Jr.
Jay Cleveland Jr.
Noteworthy: Cleveland had his first meeting on Wednesday as chairman of the board of trustees for the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation, the fundraising arm for the Lawrenceville hospital, after former chair Howard “Hoddy” Hanna's move to the hospital's board. Cleveland said he would like to focus on the hospital's upcoming 125th anniversary and expanding fundraising to geographic areas that the hospital and UPMC are moving into, including Erie, Altoona and South Fayette.
Residence: Fox Chapel
Family: Wife, Mary; children, Jay, Garrett and Charlotte.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration, Lycoming College in Williamsport, 1988.
Background: After graduating, Cleveland took a job in the family businesses, Cleveland Bros. Equipment Co. and CB Mining, where he is now president and CEO. After moving to Pittsburgh in 2006, he joined the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation board.
Quote: “This is a special place and a regional asset that's truly a benefit to Pittsburgh. It has the potential to be so much more.”
— Matthew Santoni
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Beechview man arrested on child pornography charges
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Pittsburgh police recruit arrested for supplying alcohol to 18-year-old for sexual favors
- Newsmaker: Thomas J. Usher
- Pittsburgh photo exhibit shines light on ‘Good’ work
- Man arrested in connection with string of Route 8 burglaries
- Proposal to ax long-standing tree splits Carnegie