Newsmaker: Jay Cleveland Jr.
Jay Cleveland Jr.
Noteworthy: Cleveland had his first meeting on Wednesday as chairman of the board of trustees for the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation, the fundraising arm for the Lawrenceville hospital, after former chair Howard “Hoddy” Hanna's move to the hospital's board. Cleveland said he would like to focus on the hospital's upcoming 125th anniversary and expanding fundraising to geographic areas that the hospital and UPMC are moving into, including Erie, Altoona and South Fayette.
Residence: Fox Chapel
Family: Wife, Mary; children, Jay, Garrett and Charlotte.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration, Lycoming College in Williamsport, 1988.
Background: After graduating, Cleveland took a job in the family businesses, Cleveland Bros. Equipment Co. and CB Mining, where he is now president and CEO. After moving to Pittsburgh in 2006, he joined the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation board.
Quote: “This is a special place and a regional asset that's truly a benefit to Pittsburgh. It has the potential to be so much more.”
— Matthew Santoni
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Medical Examiner identifies Baldwin Borough couple who died in murder-suicide
- Authorities identify McKeesport man whose body was found in Yough River
- Road crews are dealing with oil and sealant spills on roadways
- Philadelphia murder suspect nabbed in Braddock
- Canon-McMillan drops U.S. Postal Service from condemnation action
- Roads to close on Pittsburgh’s North Side this weekend
- Witness tells jury about fatal McKeesport shooting
- $20M bond issue could cost cash-strapped Penn Hills School District $6.6M in interest
- Shaler man charged in death of girl, 6, not prosecuted in repeated alcohol cases
- 2 men arrested at UPMC McKeesport on charges of endangering teens
- Robinson drive-in on its way out of Allegheny County