Newsmaker: Jay Cleveland Jr.
Jay Cleveland Jr.
Noteworthy: Cleveland had his first meeting on Wednesday as chairman of the board of trustees for the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation, the fundraising arm for the Lawrenceville hospital, after former chair Howard “Hoddy” Hanna's move to the hospital's board. Cleveland said he would like to focus on the hospital's upcoming 125th anniversary and expanding fundraising to geographic areas that the hospital and UPMC are moving into, including Erie, Altoona and South Fayette.
Residence: Fox Chapel
Family: Wife, Mary; children, Jay, Garrett and Charlotte.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration, Lycoming College in Williamsport, 1988.
Background: After graduating, Cleveland took a job in the family businesses, Cleveland Bros. Equipment Co. and CB Mining, where he is now president and CEO. After moving to Pittsburgh in 2006, he joined the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation board.
Quote: “This is a special place and a regional asset that's truly a benefit to Pittsburgh. It has the potential to be so much more.”
— Matthew Santoni
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh mayor Peduto goes ‘Undercover’ for CBS reality show
- Allegheny County district attorney prosecutors move on to state office
- Pittsburgh’s Hill District revitalization project hits financial hurdle in TIF
- Search for Duquesne University graduate Kochu continues
- Vigil honors 6 homeless who died in Pittsburgh in 2014
- Alliance aims to transform vacant parcel in St. Clair to include townhouses, urban farming
- Fatal fire under investigation in New Castle
- Garfield residents plan rally over Bottom Dollar site
- Carnegie skatepark set to close for the season
- Newsmaker: Jason Tarap
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes