Newsmaker: Jay Cleveland Jr.
Jay Cleveland Jr.
Noteworthy: Cleveland had his first meeting on Wednesday as chairman of the board of trustees for the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation, the fundraising arm for the Lawrenceville hospital, after former chair Howard “Hoddy” Hanna's move to the hospital's board. Cleveland said he would like to focus on the hospital's upcoming 125th anniversary and expanding fundraising to geographic areas that the hospital and UPMC are moving into, including Erie, Altoona and South Fayette.
Residence: Fox Chapel
Family: Wife, Mary; children, Jay, Garrett and Charlotte.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration, Lycoming College in Williamsport, 1988.
Background: After graduating, Cleveland took a job in the family businesses, Cleveland Bros. Equipment Co. and CB Mining, where he is now president and CEO. After moving to Pittsburgh in 2006, he joined the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation board.
Quote: “This is a special place and a regional asset that's truly a benefit to Pittsburgh. It has the potential to be so much more.”
— Matthew Santoni
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh’s Downtown tops ranking of small to midsized cities
- Marshals find suspect in fatal Mercer County shooting in Pittsburgh
- Interstate smash-and-grab jewelry ring may be operating in Pittsburgh area, Altoona
- Inmate care in Allegheny County Jail generates worries
- Icy streets leave some in Pittsburgh neighborhoods critical of city
- Just for Giggles, FBI tags along, finds more than sports paraphernalia at Pittsburgh store
- Federal judge allows challenge to Sharpsburg’s landlord law
- Free speech wall rises at Carlow University
- Long-term closures at Carnegie interchange on Parkway West to begin
- DA’s office examining complaint history of Strip District club
- Police say teen driver was drinking in Butler ATV crash that killed passenger