Newsmaker: Jay Cleveland Jr.
Jay Cleveland Jr.
Noteworthy: Cleveland had his first meeting on Wednesday as chairman of the board of trustees for the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation, the fundraising arm for the Lawrenceville hospital, after former chair Howard “Hoddy” Hanna's move to the hospital's board. Cleveland said he would like to focus on the hospital's upcoming 125th anniversary and expanding fundraising to geographic areas that the hospital and UPMC are moving into, including Erie, Altoona and South Fayette.
Residence: Fox Chapel
Family: Wife, Mary; children, Jay, Garrett and Charlotte.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration, Lycoming College in Williamsport, 1988.
Background: After graduating, Cleveland took a job in the family businesses, Cleveland Bros. Equipment Co. and CB Mining, where he is now president and CEO. After moving to Pittsburgh in 2006, he joined the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation board.
Quote: “This is a special place and a regional asset that's truly a benefit to Pittsburgh. It has the potential to be so much more.”
— Matthew Santoni
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Report linking field surface to cancer elicits Mt. Lebanon protest
- Contempt citation sought by state against Highmark for alleged violation of deal with UPMC
- Move-in begins at new homes on site of Hill District housing project
- Unexpected work delays Allegheny County Health Department’s move into former morgue
- Pittsburgh’s Veterans Day parade moves to Saturday
- VA promotion for administrator stuns legislator
- Allegheny County health officials call on retirement homes to stay vigilant on Legionella prevention
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Port Authority police to close I-279 lanes to investigate bus crash
- Canadians more fearful, aware after ‘very rare’ attack in Ottawa