Banksville Road to reopen to traffic
Pittsburgh Public Works crews worked Sunday morning to clear a toppled tree that closed Banksville Road.
Authorities closed the road around 5:40 a.m., emergency dispatch said. City police closed the roadway from Crane Avenue in Beechview to the Parkway West.
Reports from the scene around 8:30 a.m. were that the debris was nearly cleared and traffic would resume
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- ‘Line is definitely blurry,’ state police say of dating websites and prostitution
- Homestead struggles to pick up pieces left by devastating fire
- Newsmaker: Jeff Reinbold
- Commander: City police working to improve accountability
- Tribune-Review photojournalist Goldband wins 1st place in national competition
- Jan. 31 fundraiser to aid Homestead’s recovery from fire
- Man arrested in massive Homestead fire
- Bethel Park boy named honorary police officer dies
- Greenfield Bridge implosion to close Parkway between Christmas, New Year’s