Newsmaker: Brian Stein
Noteworthy: Stein won the 2014 Lewis Shattuck Small Business Advocate of the Year Award from the National Small Business Association, which represents 65,000 companies nationwide.
Residence: Middlesex, Butler County
Family: Wife, Cindy
Occupation: Stein is president and CEO of S&S Intersource LLC in Mars, a refractory products business that serves the steel industry, and two other steel-related companies, ISM Inc. and Clearscape Inc.
Background: Stein is chairman-elect of SMC Business Councils in Churchill, which represents about 1,500 small- and medium-sized companies in the region. He is chairman of SMC's Tax Working Group. He has advocated in Harrisburg and Washington for broad tax reform and a level playing field for small companies.
Education: Bachelor's degree in petroleum and natural gas engineering from Penn State in 1987
Quote: “The award was an honor because as a small-business person you go through life not looking for awards, but looking out for your family and your business.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Improperly tapped gas line a possibility in NYC blast
- Region’s Goodwill spends $51.6M in 2014, report says
- Jury acquits man accused of 2005 murder in Braddock
- Judge dismisses group’s lawsuit against Neville Island coke plant
- Pa. woman charged with forging docs to claim she was an attorney
- Police say ‘person of interest’ in Andre Gray shooting has not been charged
- Washington County school superintendent charged with DUI gets probation
- Lawrence County father, son charged with running illegal video gambling machines
- Wilkinsburg man will stand trial in death of 5-week-old infant
- Homicide charge withdrawn against Wilkinsburg woman accused of arranging lover’s beating
- Allegheny County loses population, Census figures indicate