Newsmaker: John Burke
Noteworthy: Burke won the 2014 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia in the logistics and distribution category. He will compete nationally in Palm Springs, Calif., on Nov. 15.
Residence: Upper St. Clair
Family: Wife and two children.
Occupation: Burke is CEO of Armada Supply Chain Solutions LLC, an O'Hara-based supply chain services company. He has more than 25 years of experience in the industry.
Background: Burke joined Armada in 1992 and grew the company into one of the top supply-chain industry leaders, working with major retailers. Armada is ranked as one of Pittsburgh's largest private companies, with $1.3 billion in revenue, and has been ranked as one of the region's best places to work.
Education: Business degree from Penn State University in 1982 and an MBA from Carnegie Mellon University in 1994.
Quote: “It is an honor to be recognized. The credit goes to the people at Armada who, over the years, have succeeded in providing expert solutions. Our efforts to drive change, improve efficiency and enable increased competitiveness for our clients are the hallmarks of our success. This award could not have been made possible without everyone's valuable contributions.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police investigating after cab driver shot in Hazelwood
- Security policies limit ‘insider threat’ at airports, TSA says
- Pet chiropractic more popular in Western Pa., but doubts linger
- Pittsburgh police chief finds use-of-force policies ‘quite satisfactory’
- SWAT incident in Ross ends peacefully
- Attorney wants evidence from South Allegheny teacher’s cellphone thrown out
- Buffalo man killed by truck in the West End Circle wanted ‘a fresh start’
- Police find marijuana grow rooms in Castle Shannon
- Maryland man found with missing Ohio girl in Pittsburgh motel
- Suspect in Glassport man’s shooting death put on house arrest
- Pittsburgh on cusp of leaving fiscal oversight