Newsmaker: Ken Kucel
Noteworthy: The Moraine Trails Council of the Boy Scouts of America announced that Kucel will be named the district's 2014 recipient of the Butler County Good Scout Award. The Good Scout Award reception, which helps raise money for local Scouting programs, will be held on Sept. 25 in Conley's Resort in Butler.
Family: Wife, Libbie; sons, Michael, 19, Daniel, 21, Andrew, 23, Steven, 25, and Kenneth, 28
Occupation: Kucel owns and operates CompuGig, a computer repair service and IT consulting company in Cranberry.
Background: A former Boy Scout in Ambridge, Kucel — along with his wife — has been involved with the Boy Scouts for more than 17 years, including 10 years as a Scoutmaster. All of his sons are Eagle Scouts, Scouting's highest rank.
Education: Associate's degree in computer information systems from Community College of Beaver County in 1996. He received his Master CNE certification through Novell Inc. and MCSE certification through Microsoft.
Quote: “I'm really a blessed man because of the program and the kids — not just my kids, but all of the kids are fantastic. ... I go through the pictures now after all these years, and it's just like, ‘Oh, my goodness, we had such a great time.' ”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 boys who received transplants at Children’s Hospital progress to sunnier days
- Plum school board berated for pulling back on new school
- $11.13M project to close section of Pittsburgh’s Mifflin Road
- PennDOT team decides what spells trouble on vehicle license plates
- Children’s Hospital’s top doctor leaving for Washington University School of Medicine
- Newsmaker: Jeff Pollock
- Film shares tale of Pittsburgh man who turned disability into career
- La Scuola d’Italia Galileo Galilei touts Pittsburgh’s Italian heritage
- Allegheny County to increase restaurant penalties
- Carnegie man sought after hammer attack, police say
- Higher school taxes prevail in Western Pennsylvania, Trib finds