Mt. Washington woman struck, killed on Parkway North
A Mt. Washington woman died early Monday when she ran in front of a minivan that hit her on the Parkway North, state police said.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office identified her as Heather Lynn Kuhn, 28. She was pronounced dead at 4:14 a.m. at the scene, according to the medical examiner's office.
State police said David Krull, 47, of Coraopolis was driving a Chevrolet Uplander north near mile marker 12 — north of the Camp Horne Road exit but before the merger of interstates 279 and 79 — in Franklin Park at about 3:55 a.m.
Kuhn ran from the right berm of the road “directly in front of” the Uplander in the right lane, state police said in a press release, and she was thrown 224 feet.
Krull could not be reached for comment. State police are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Nonprofits replace humdrum charity 5Ks with rappelling
- Mandated sewer project to increase Alcosan customers’ bills
- Identical twins born at West Penn Hospital a rare medical marvel
- Pittsburgh Public evacuates 3 schools after voicemail threat
- Fees, interest mount over August Wilson site, Dollar claims
- City of Pittsburgh detective, 2 boys finalize adoption before judge
- Latest flu vaccines offer protection from 4 influenza strains instead of traditional 3
- Jailed ex-officer could cost Pittsburgh $135K
- Marshals make arrest in fatal Strip District shooting
- State awards 6 Western Pennsylvania schools mentoring grants
- Preparation for drilling closes one lane of Thompson Run Road in Ross