Mt. Washington woman struck, killed on Parkway North
A Mt. Washington woman died early Monday when she ran in front of a minivan that hit her on the Parkway North, state police said.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office identified her as Heather Lynn Kuhn, 28. She was pronounced dead at 4:14 a.m. at the scene, according to the medical examiner's office.
State police said David Krull, 47, of Coraopolis was driving a Chevrolet Uplander north near mile marker 12 — north of the Camp Horne Road exit but before the merger of interstates 279 and 79 — in Franklin Park at about 3:55 a.m.
Kuhn ran from the right berm of the road “directly in front of” the Uplander in the right lane, state police said in a press release, and she was thrown 224 feet.
Krull could not be reached for comment. State police are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Allegheny County will spray for mosquitoes Wednesday night in Munhall and Homestead
- Man accused of killing Brookline woman denied bail
- U.S. Appeals Court reduces damages in Carnegie Mellon patent infringement case
- PennEnvironment threatens to sue steel giant under Clean Air Act
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History’s banding program a labor of love for avian expert
- Philadelphia firm to defend Intergovernmental Cooperation Authority in lawsuit
- Strip District, Shadyside startups headed to White House
- Broken water main causes sinkhole that swallows truck in Overbrook
- 2 quit race for Plum school board
- New interim director to take over VA regional office in Pittsburgh