Mt. Washington woman struck, killed on Parkway North
A Mt. Washington woman died early Monday when she ran in front of a minivan that hit her on the Parkway North, state police said.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office identified her as Heather Lynn Kuhn, 28. She was pronounced dead at 4:14 a.m. at the scene, according to the medical examiner's office.
State police said David Krull, 47, of Coraopolis was driving a Chevrolet Uplander north near mile marker 12 — north of the Camp Horne Road exit but before the merger of interstates 279 and 79 — in Franklin Park at about 3:55 a.m.
Kuhn ran from the right berm of the road “directly in front of” the Uplander in the right lane, state police said in a press release, and she was thrown 224 feet.
Krull could not be reached for comment. State police are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- State law complicates Allegheny County proposal for letter grading of restaurants
- Pittsburgh councilwoman: Peduto seeks to reroute money from North Side project in retribution
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Beechview man arrested on child pornography charges
- Newsmaker: Terri Liberto
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Proposal to ax long-standing tree splits Carnegie