Biden in Pittsburgh Thursday for fundraiser
Vice President Joe Biden is headlining a private fundraiser Thursday for the Democratic National Committee near Pittsburgh, a committee official said.
The event will be at the Fox Chapel home of Douglas and Shelley Campbell. Tickets will range from $5,000 to $32,400 apiece.
About 40 people are expected to attend, including Tom Wolf, the Democratic nominee challenging Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett, a Shaler Republican.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- State law complicates Allegheny County proposal for letter grading of restaurants
- Pittsburgh councilwoman: Peduto seeks to reroute money from North Side project in retribution
- Newsmaker: Terri Liberto
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Beechview man arrested on child pornography charges
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe