Biden in Pittsburgh Thursday for fundraiser
Vice President Joe Biden is headlining a private fundraiser Thursday for the Democratic National Committee near Pittsburgh, a committee official said.
The event will be at the Fox Chapel home of Douglas and Shelley Campbell. Tickets will range from $5,000 to $32,400 apiece.
About 40 people are expected to attend, including Tom Wolf, the Democratic nominee challenging Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett, a Shaler Republican.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- VA hospitals in Pittsburgh, Erie turn attention to female veterans’ needs
- Senior at Pittsburgh’s CAPA school focuses spotlight on homeless students
- Allegheny County Controller Wagner claims rival Flaherty benefits from ‘dark money’
- Western Pennsylvania watchmaking company says worker safe in earthquake
- Baby makes arrival at fast food restaurant in Hazelwood
- Penn Hills School District brings on former employee as consultant
- Duquesne University, union spar over labor laws
- McKees Rocks council president arrested after SWAT standoff
- Work to begin on Fifth Avenue apartments in Uptown
- Newsmaker: Leslie Geier
- Newsmakers: Danielle and Patrik McKain