Carnegie on-ramp to I-376 to close Friday
PennDOT officials announced a long-term closure of the Carnegie on-ramp to westbound I-376 will begin Friday.
The ramp, located in Scott, provides access to the Parkway West from the Chestnut Street and Academy Street intersection. It will close to traffic at 5 a.m. Friday and will not reopen until December. All other ramps at the Carnegie exit will remain open.
Nearby construction and the narrowing of lanes on the Parkway necessitated the closure for safety reasons. The merge proved to be a difficult challenge for motorists with the heavy traffic volume, PennDOT officials said.
The ramp closure is being coordinated with PennDOT's I-79 Bridgeville to Crafton resurfacing project.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh adjusting to new bicycle lane, ‘stop boxes’
- Brashear High ‘little libraries’ program rolls out
- Environmental teachers glean new ideas from networking
- Icy roads, cold causing school delays, wrecks in Western Pa.
- Second African penguin chick hatches at National Aviary
- Pittsburgh fraud case, Uganda-based counterfeiting racket linked
- Fall from Hazelwood roof kills man
- The Exchange offers reward for information that leads to the arrest of person who shot Ross clerk
- Newsmaker: Cindy Marzock
- Penguins player might have exposed Children’s Hospital patients to mumps
- Pennsylvania constables need oversight to reduce problems, officials say