Rock removal prompts lane closure on Rt. 51
Rock removal on Route 51 in Pittsburgh on Friday will force single lane closures, PennDOT officials said.
A single-lane closure will occur from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on northbound Route 51 between Crane Avenue and Woodruff Street.
One lane of northbound traffic will be maintained at all times. Southbound traffic will not be affected. PennDOT plans to monitor traffic and will temporarily remove the lane restriction if significant delays occur, officials said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Man surrenders after standoff in Middle Hill
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Downtown holiday parade festive, but weather dampens turnout
- Renovation planned for blighted homes in Garfield
- Shooting of Pittsburgh cab driver spotlights risks of profession
- Pet chiropractic more popular in Western Pa., but doubts linger
- Group urges Port Authority of Allegheny County to fund more transit routes
- Buffalo man killed by truck in the West End Circle wanted ‘a fresh start’
- Forbes Road Career and Technology Center students restore vehicle that will be donated
- Newsmaker: Kostas Pelechrinis
- Security policies limit ‘insider threat’ at airports, TSA says