Rock removal prompts lane closure on Rt. 51
Rock removal on Route 51 in Pittsburgh on Friday will force single lane closures, PennDOT officials said.
A single-lane closure will occur from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on northbound Route 51 between Crane Avenue and Woodruff Street.
One lane of northbound traffic will be maintained at all times. Southbound traffic will not be affected. PennDOT plans to monitor traffic and will temporarily remove the lane restriction if significant delays occur, officials said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hillview Street in Overbrook to be closed until Feb. 9
- Pittsburgh police say officers in video did not use excessive force
- Charges officially dropped against Ford, who is recovering from surgery
- Appellate court upholds most of jury’s verdict against officials of Lemington Center
- Project to End Human Trafficking volunteers help Uganda
- U.S. Marshals fugitive task force arrests man wanted in McKeesport homicide
- W.Va. natural gas line explodes near Ohio border
- Storm could drop 4-6 inches of snow on Pittsburgh area
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Grandview development plan inches ahead in Mt. Washington
- Mt. Lebanon High School to sell its planetarium equipment