Man stabbed to death outside North Side grocery
A North Side man was fatally stabbed early Friday morning in a grocery store parking lot.
Delrio Ivy, 58, was stabbed in the neck and torso with a multi-tool knife during a fight that took place outside the Giant Eagle on Cedar Avenue at about 12:30 a.m, the Pittsburgh Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Sonya Toler said.
Detectives questioned and released one person in connection with the stabbing, she said.
Video surveillance shows Ivy was walking with another man, but the video does not include audio, Toler said. Detectives believe an argument between the two men led to the stabbing.
Police found the multi-tool knife at the scene, she said.
Investigators questioned a person in connection with the stabbing, but do not believe he was involved, Toler said. Detectives are canvassing the area as they search for a suspect, she said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Baby makes arrival at fast food restaurant in Hazelwood
- McKees Rocks council president arrested after SWAT standoff
- Poor infrastructure may hinder aid efforts in Nepal after earthquake
- Forbes Avenue jeweler’s embedded sidewalk sign safely slides out to make way for Pittsburgh Playhouse project
- Newsmakers: Danielle and Patrik McKain
- Allegheny County Council will have new look
- Senior at Pittsburgh’s CAPA school focuses spotlight on homeless students
- Police arrest 2 after shots fired in North Side
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- District 7 candidates for Pittsburgh council vow to protect poorer communities
- Garfield business reaches out to raise $90K for fixes