Man stabbed to death outside North Side grocery
A North Side man was fatally stabbed early Friday morning in a grocery store parking lot.
Delrio Ivy, 58, was stabbed in the neck and torso with a multi-tool knife during a fight that took place outside the Giant Eagle on Cedar Avenue at about 12:30 a.m, the Pittsburgh Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Sonya Toler said.
Detectives questioned and released one person in connection with the stabbing, she said.
Video surveillance shows Ivy was walking with another man, but the video does not include audio, Toler said. Detectives believe an argument between the two men led to the stabbing.
Police found the multi-tool knife at the scene, she said.
Investigators questioned a person in connection with the stabbing, but do not believe he was involved, Toler said. Detectives are canvassing the area as they search for a suspect, she said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- Man’s death by runaway wheel on Route 28 ruled accident
- Emergency personnel contain fire at Whitehall apartment complex
- Newsmaker: Christopher W. Robinson
- WVU frat brothers charged with hazing pledges
- Youngsters embrace technology that combines art, software in 3D printing
- 6 shot at Clairton speakeasy; police seek suspects
- Nude photos of Penn Hills High School students spur investigation
- County executive Fitzgerald’s proposal for take-home vehicles meets resistance