Man stabbed to death outside North Side grocery
A North Side man was fatally stabbed early Friday morning in a grocery store parking lot.
Delrio Ivy, 58, was stabbed in the neck and torso with a multi-tool knife during a fight that took place outside the Giant Eagle on Cedar Avenue at about 12:30 a.m, the Pittsburgh Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Sonya Toler said.
Detectives questioned and released one person in connection with the stabbing, she said.
Video surveillance shows Ivy was walking with another man, but the video does not include audio, Toler said. Detectives believe an argument between the two men led to the stabbing.
Police found the multi-tool knife at the scene, she said.
Investigators questioned a person in connection with the stabbing, but do not believe he was involved, Toler said. Detectives are canvassing the area as they search for a suspect, she said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Beechview man arrested on child pornography charges
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Pittsburgh police recruit arrested for supplying alcohol to 18-year-old for sexual favors