Missing hunter's body found in Kittanning Township
A missing hunter was found dead during a search in Kittanning Township on Saturday.
State police said they were notified that Richard Herbert, 66, of Ellwood City, was missing around 7:40 p.m. after he went to retrieve a tree stand earlier in the day.
Kittanning Township, Elderton and Kittanning Hose Co. 6 fire departments aided in the search and Herbert's body was discovered near his vehicle in the woods behind the McGregor's Trailer Park about two hours later. Police said the death was not a hunting accident and did not appear to be suspicious.
An autopsy was to be performed Sunday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Apollo couple giving back with fundraiser for Armstrong cancer center
- Manor appliance store owners retire after 45 years in family’s business
- Workers shaken by news Kittanning Foodland will close
- Online student monitoring made easier in Armstrong
- ‘Victory’ for ARDC; Armstrong locks to open in 2015
- Students, ALS win when Shannock Valley principal takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- Erie woman charged second time in a week in Armstrong
- College courses offered to Armstrong high school students at bargain prices
- Support group in Ford City offers help to depressed
- Kittanning razes condemned homes it bought at tax sale
- Kittanning man withdraws plea after judge rejects sentence recommendation