Missing hunter's body found in Kittanning Township
A missing hunter was found dead during a search in Kittanning Township on Saturday.
State police said they were notified that Richard Herbert, 66, of Ellwood City, was missing around 7:40 p.m. after he went to retrieve a tree stand earlier in the day.
Kittanning Township, Elderton and Kittanning Hose Co. 6 fire departments aided in the search and Herbert's body was discovered near his vehicle in the woods behind the McGregor's Trailer Park about two hours later. Police said the death was not a hunting accident and did not appear to be suspicious.
An autopsy was to be performed Sunday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- SummerFest kicks off in Ford City
- Sheriff starts fundraising to buy drug-sniffing K-9 officer for Armstrong
- Ford City targeting development of former industrial land
- Armstrong fire departments sharpen river rescue skills
- Concert aims to heal wounds of Armstrong veterans
- Priest celebrates first Mass in Ford City hometown church
- Apollo to contact owners of vacant properties, issue fines
- Bell teen named queen of Fort Armstrong rodeo
- Roof over Cowansville veterans center a ‘godsend’
- Progressive Workshop welcomes new CEO at Kittanning meet-and-greet
- Grant helps Armstrong agency provide cribs to needy families