Missing hunter's body found in Kittanning Township
A missing hunter was found dead during a search in Kittanning Township on Saturday.
State police said they were notified that Richard Herbert, 66, of Ellwood City, was missing around 7:40 p.m. after he went to retrieve a tree stand earlier in the day.
Kittanning Township, Elderton and Kittanning Hose Co. 6 fire departments aided in the search and Herbert's body was discovered near his vehicle in the woods behind the McGregor's Trailer Park about two hours later. Police said the death was not a hunting accident and did not appear to be suspicious.
An autopsy was to be performed Sunday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- North Buffalo man charged with distributing child porn
- Armstrong schools put television programming online
- Letters show Ford City had chance at cutting debt by more than $450K
- Ford City woman injured in crash
- Few changes on Armstrong primary ballot after withdrawal deadline
- Madison woman seeks help finding fugitive goat, sheep
- Rescuers find lost Mahoning teen using cellphone location
- Program to aid Ford City delayed by paperwork snag, state contract review
- Senior care center opening April 1 in East Franklin
- Historical society seeking Armstrong school district’s help, property
- Templeton woman acted fast to save dog from plunge into icy pond