Manor fire company donates truck to N.J.
By Brigid Beatty
Published: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, November 27, 2012
MANOR – An area fire department recently came to the rescue of a southern New Jersey fire department which had lost essential equipment after being hit by Superstorm Sandy.
Members of the Manor Township Volunteer Fire Co. welcomed Rick Traut of the Ship Bottom Volunteer Fire Co. on Sunday and presented him with their donation of a 1981 Firemen Duplex pumper truck.
Chad Evans, Manor assistant chief, said the Manor fire department got a new truck in September and put the pumper truck up for sale at an asking price of $10,000.
But after Sandy struck, Evans said all the firefighters decided to donate the truck to Ship Bottom.
“They literally have nothing,” said Evans.
“No one is allowed in their fire station. Their fire hall is a total loss.”
When Traut arrived in Manor at around lunch time on Sunday, Manor firefighters gave him supplies of bottled water, canned food and toiletries that they had collected, said Evans.
He said they also gave Traut a generator, hand tools and a hose to bring back to Ship Bottom.
Traut told Evans the donated truck would be put into service Monday.
“They appreciate it,” said Evans.
“They don't have anything. They've been answering calls in an old Army truck.”
Brigid Beatty is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-543-1303 or email@example.com.
- Voters have plethora of hopefuls to pick from
- Stark divide for coroner
- Budget issues top borough candidates’ concerns
- Ford City woman overcomes serious injuries to earn college degree
- Armstrong School District begins work on new high school
- Bataan Death March survivor recalls ‘hell’
- ASD budget, buildings top candidates’ list
- Armstrong County’s Habitat seeks helpers, donations for house project
- State gives Armstrong district OK to raise taxes above inflation rate
- Ford City water plant plans cause heated discussion
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.