Butler County hunter dies in Mahoning ATV crash
MAHONING — State police in East Franklin said a hunter was killed on Saturday when the ATV he was operating rolled on top of him as he was driving down a steep hill on private property off Farm Road.
Mark Anthony Stawinski, 53, of Buffalo Township, Butler County, died sometime between 9 a.m. 4:45 p.m. as he was retrieving a deer he had shot earlier in the morning.
Stawinski was discovered lying under the four-wheeler by another hunter after he failed to return the vehicle to a nearby residence. Police said the death does not appear to be suspicious. An autopsy will not be conducted.
Armstrong County Deputy Coroner Brian K. Myers pronounced Stawinski dead at the scene. He ruled that the death was an accident and the cause was asphyxiation due to compression. Distant Fire Department responded, according to Armstrong 911.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Car crashes into house on East Brady Road in East Franklin
- Living Water Church takes over Knights of Columbus building in Kittanning
- Pickleball ambassador gets sport a spot at YMCA in Kittanning
- Program bridges several disciplines for Kittanning students
- Progressive Workshop open houses Thursday in Kittanning, Rayburn
- Grievance holding up police hiring in Ford City
- Run with ‘zombies’ at West Shamokin fundraiser
- Armstrong School District’s plan for new athletic complex falls short of funding
- Armstrong School Board benches plans for a $10M athletic complex
- Volunteers answer call to duty at veteran’s center in Cowansville
- Lenape Tech opening center for adult training Thursday in Manor