Up to 8 inches of snow expected today
Armstrong County residents will need to man snow shovels if an expected accumulation of 7 to 8 inches of snow falls today.
Meteorologist Rihaan Gancat of the National Weather Service, Pittsburgh, said Tuesday that the snow was expected to begin around 6 or 7 a.m. Wednesday as flurries, with more snow accumulating through the afternoon. The snow is expected to taper off around mid-morning, Thursday. Gancat said it will be cold enough in the county for snow, but warmer air in parts of the state around the Pittsburgh area and south could produce sleet and ice.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Friend reaches out to help Burrell Township family
- Arts on Allegheny seeks donors
- Ford City family needs $10K for dog that detects seizures
- Burrell Township man killed in backhoe accident
- AmeriCorps coming to Lenape Technical in Manor
- Ford City waiting on road salt as storm blows in
- Workers eager to get started on Kittanning trail project
- Ford City police coverage sparks concern from EMS director
- Klingensmith’s Drug Stores offers monthly supply of vitamins to families who enroll children
- Cowansville veterans center closing in on roof project funding goal
- Paranormal investigators coming to Ford City library