Kittanning man shot in leg during fight outside Hot Spot
By Tim Karan
Published: Monday, Dec. 31, 2012, 1:51 a.m.
An unidentified Kittanning man was shot in the leg during an altercation outside the Hot Spot Hotel & Lounge on Reynolds Avenue about 11:45 p.m. Saturday.
Kittanning police Chief Ed Cassesse said details are still emerging but authorities have identified both parties involved.
“Two guys were arguing inside the bar, and one asked the other to go outside,” Cassesse said. “Somehow a crowd grew, these guys started fighting and one ended up shot in the leg.”
Police have not released the names of either men, but both are described as white males in their early 20s.
“We don't know who shot who,” Cassesse said. “We don't know if the guy who got shot was the possessor of the gun or if it belonged to the other one. We're still in the preliminary stages of investigation.”
The wounded man was transported to ACMH Hospital, then transferred to a facility in Pittsburgh. Neither man has been charged yet.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Medical company moves into Northpointe to do clinical testing
- DEP halts some fines against Ford City
- PENNVEST funds aid Armstrong, Clarion sewer project
- `The Green Man’ sculpture puts life into dying Manor elm
- Survivors in critical condition a day after fifth Armstrong County car crash victim dies
- Apollo Earth Day Dash to benefit trail expansion
- Kittanning suspect waives prelim on drug charges
- Bullet strikes Armstrong school van
- Kittanning man part of wrestling show benefitting Ford City Summerfest
- Manorville man gives children gift of fishing
- Bridge work planned for Route 68 in Brady’s Bend