Kittanning man shot in leg during fight outside Hot Spot
An unidentified Kittanning man was shot in the leg during an altercation outside the Hot Spot Hotel & Lounge on Reynolds Avenue about 11:45 p.m. Saturday.
Kittanning police Chief Ed Cassesse said details are still emerging but authorities have identified both parties involved.
“Two guys were arguing inside the bar, and one asked the other to go outside,” Cassesse said. “Somehow a crowd grew, these guys started fighting and one ended up shot in the leg.”
Police have not released the names of either men, but both are described as white males in their early 20s.
“We don't know who shot who,” Cassesse said. “We don't know if the guy who got shot was the possessor of the gun or if it belonged to the other one. We're still in the preliminary stages of investigation.”
The wounded man was transported to ACMH Hospital, then transferred to a facility in Pittsburgh. Neither man has been charged yet.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Apollo couple giving back with fundraiser for Armstrong cancer center
- Manor appliance store owners retire after 45 years in family’s business
- Online student monitoring made easier in Armstrong
- Workers shaken by news Kittanning Foodland will close
- Erie woman charged second time in a week in Armstrong
- Kittanning man withdraws plea after judge rejects sentence recommendation
- ‘Victory’ for ARDC; Armstrong locks to open in 2015
- Kittanning razes condemned homes it bought at tax sale
- Kittanning Foodland announces it will close