County in talks with 6 unions over contracts
KITTANNING — Armstrong County officials are in the midst of contract negotiations with the six unions representing county employees.
All of the labor pacts expired on Dec. 31, 2012.
“Everything is ongoing,” said Commissioner Rich Fink. “Right now we have not signed any contracts.”
Some 17 Children, Youth and Family Services caseworkers and the county's three assessors represented by Service Employees International Union, Local 668, are seeking a new contract.
Contract talks are ongoing for the Armstrong County Health Center's seven registered nurses who are members of United Food and Commercial Workers Local 23.
Negotiations between the county and the Armstrong County Health Center's more than 150 licensed practical nurses, certified nurses aides and other workers represented by Service Employees International Union Health Center PA are ongoing.
The county is in the process of negotiating with the 14 Probation Department officers, represented by their own in-house bargaining unit, the Armstrong Court Association of Professional Employees.
About 50 jail employees with Teamsters Union Local 538 are without a new contract as are three county detectives represented by the Fraternal Order of Police.
No others details on those talks were immediately available.
Mitch Fryer is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crash leaves Burrell Township family without father, friend
- Armstrong County Jail commitments since Dec. 13
- Teachers at 2 Armstrong schools go casual for a cause
- Kittanning, Kiski police getting trained to help abuse victims
- Family escapes house fire in Kittanning
- South Buffalo church nears end of more than a century of worship
- Project Joy lifts Christmas spirits at Armstrong County Health Center
- Samples show Plumcreek gas leaks aren’t methane
- Officials get early start on NuMine bridge replacement planning
- Donation another step toward new roof at Cowansville veterans center
- Armstrong man dies in single-vehicle crash