Dayton man faces more charges
Michael P. Shaffer, 33, of Dayton, who was arraigned on Tuesday for allegedly having a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old girl in 2010, also faces separate charges for allegedly molesting an 8-year-old girl in 2007.
He was placed in Armstrong County Jail and released on $25,000 bond for charges stemming from both incidents including statutory sexual assault, corruption of minors, indecent assault and endangering the welfare of children.
A preliminary hearing is set for Monday morning with District Judge Samuel Goldstrohm.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Feds to Ford City: 60 days to repay $581,000 grant default
- Ford City officials mum about litigation related to grant default
- High school vandalism captured on video in Ford City
- Life skills students enjoy prom festivities in Manor
- West Shamokin students get lesson about driving under the influence
- Fire sparks movement to stop vandalism in Ford City
- Question Armstrong County candidates at forum in Manor
- Batteries ordered for Armstrong 911 backup system
- Armstrong candidates tackle issues during forum
- CEO leaving Kittanning’s Progressive Workshop after 36-year run
- Burglary suspect arrested in Kittanning