Dayton man faces more charges
Michael P. Shaffer, 33, of Dayton, who was arraigned on Tuesday for allegedly having a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old girl in 2010, also faces separate charges for allegedly molesting an 8-year-old girl in 2007.
He was placed in Armstrong County Jail and released on $25,000 bond for charges stemming from both incidents including statutory sexual assault, corruption of minors, indecent assault and endangering the welfare of children.
A preliminary hearing is set for Monday morning with District Judge Samuel Goldstrohm.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- ‘Bend and dent’ store opening in Rural Valley
- Elsa from ‘Frozen’ popular for kids in Halloween parades at Armstrong schools
- Smicksburg businesses get jump on Christmas
- Kittanning, Ford City parades feature school bands for last time
- Grant awarded to fund Armstrong locks summer operations
- Armstrong County keeps commissioner raises tied to non-union employees’ pay
- Armstrong in test program using slag on icy roads
- Armstrong Conservation District shows off year’s work
- Living Water Church takes over Knights of Columbus building in Kittanning
- Car crashes into house on East Brady Road in East Franklin
- East Franklin man featured on TV show for kids