Dayton man faces more charges
Michael P. Shaffer, 33, of Dayton, who was arraigned on Tuesday for allegedly having a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old girl in 2010, also faces separate charges for allegedly molesting an 8-year-old girl in 2007.
He was placed in Armstrong County Jail and released on $25,000 bond for charges stemming from both incidents including statutory sexual assault, corruption of minors, indecent assault and endangering the welfare of children.
A preliminary hearing is set for Monday morning with District Judge Samuel Goldstrohm.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Paradise Park Rib Fest reviving legendary stage in Cowansville
- Natural soaps, spinning demo among attractions at Fort Armstrong Folk Festival
- West Kittanning church marks 100 years of ups and downs
- Kittanning road work a dusty backdrop to sidewalk sales, festival
- Police: Escaped Armstrong County inmate armed, dangerous homicide suspect
- Natural gas fueling station opens in East Franklin
- Armstrong reaches out for opinions about how to use closed schools
- Worker injured when excavator backs over him in Kittanning
- Beloved horse prepares for last appearance at Fort Armstrong rodeo
- Donations helping West Kittanning man who lost everything in fire
- Ford City seeks applicants to fill council seat