Dayton man faces more charges
Michael P. Shaffer, 33, of Dayton, who was arraigned on Tuesday for allegedly having a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old girl in 2010, also faces separate charges for allegedly molesting an 8-year-old girl in 2007.
He was placed in Armstrong County Jail and released on $25,000 bond for charges stemming from both incidents including statutory sexual assault, corruption of minors, indecent assault and endangering the welfare of children.
A preliminary hearing is set for Monday morning with District Judge Samuel Goldstrohm.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Saber pride booming in Ford City’s final year
- Pyle goes after state grant
- Groups traveling uncharted waters to open Allegheny, Monongahela locks
- Armstrong secretaries approve contract with school district
- YMCA program expands to help adults with special needs
- Ramp work makes travel better for handicapped in Ford City, Kittanning
- Drug use, medical problems cited as cause of West Kittanning crash
- United Way turns to small businesses to boost donations
- Armstrong home repair program receives second grant
- Tractor show debuts in Dayton this weekend
- College courses offered to Armstrong high school students at bargain prices