Dayton man faces more charges
Michael P. Shaffer, 33, of Dayton, who was arraigned on Tuesday for allegedly having a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old girl in 2010, also faces separate charges for allegedly molesting an 8-year-old girl in 2007.
He was placed in Armstrong County Jail and released on $25,000 bond for charges stemming from both incidents including statutory sexual assault, corruption of minors, indecent assault and endangering the welfare of children.
A preliminary hearing is set for Monday morning with District Judge Samuel Goldstrohm.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Apollo couple giving back with fundraiser for Armstrong cancer center
- Manor appliance store owners retire after 45 years in family’s business
- Online student monitoring made easier in Armstrong
- Erie woman charged second time in a week in Armstrong
- Kittanning razes condemned homes it bought at tax sale
- College courses offered to Armstrong high school students at bargain prices
- Kittanning man withdraws plea after judge rejects sentence recommendation
- Workers shaken by news Kittanning Foodland will close
- Festival benefits Light Up Night, fire department in Ford City
- ‘Victory’ for ARDC; Armstrong locks to open in 2015