Dayton man faces more charges
Michael P. Shaffer, 33, of Dayton, who was arraigned on Tuesday for allegedly having a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old girl in 2010, also faces separate charges for allegedly molesting an 8-year-old girl in 2007.
He was placed in Armstrong County Jail and released on $25,000 bond for charges stemming from both incidents including statutory sexual assault, corruption of minors, indecent assault and endangering the welfare of children.
A preliminary hearing is set for Monday morning with District Judge Samuel Goldstrohm.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Questers view fruits of donation at Kittanning museum
- Bradys Bend veteran creates Memorial Day tribute to fallen warriors
- Kittanning business celebrates renovations in its 43rd year
- Police investigating attack on boy near Kittanning Rails to Trails
- Foxburg festival on tap this weekend
- Rural Valley students wage ‘war’ to raise money for autism research
- Ford City Council calls in help to deal with $580K grant default
- Ford City planting seeds for first farmers market
- Ford City seeks road salt bids early to avoid problems of last year
- Fifth generation last in line for 150-year-old farm in Wayne
- DEP reduces fines levied against Ford City