Sting operation nets crack cocaine suspect in Ford City
A Kittanning man authorities describe as a high level crack cocaine dealer was arrested on Monday afternoon during a sting operation in Ford City.
According to a report released by the Armstrong County District Attorney's office, Jeremy M. Carr, 23, had been “in the sights” of law enforcement for several weeks for selling crack in the Kittanning and Ford City areas.
Armstrong County Narcotics Enforcement Team (ArmNET) agents apprehended Carr after a confidential informant arranged to purchase 1.4 grams of cocaine from him at about 2:15 p.m. on Monday along Seventh Avenue in Ford City.
ArmNET coordinator Frank Pitzer said agents stepped in after the exchange and arrested Carr outside a nearby residence.
“Carr was apprehended with several hundred dollars in his possession along with the funds that were provided to (him) by a confidential informant for the purchase of crack cocaine,” said Pitzer.
Carr was taken to a holding cell at the Kittanning Police Station then placed in Armstrong County Jail by District Judge James Owen in lieu of $35,000 bond on charges of possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, delivery of a controlled substance and criminal use of a communications facility.
The Armstrong County District Attorney's Office expects additional arrests and seizures in the investigation which is being conducted by ArmNET with cooperation from the Armstrong County Sheriff's Department and Ford City, Kittanning and Freeport police.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Living Water Church takes over Knights of Columbus building in Kittanning
- Pickleball ambassador gets sport a spot at YMCA in Kittanning
- Program bridges several disciplines for Kittanning students
- Ford City man arrested for making video of parking dispute
- Ford City native jazzing it up at big name festival in Florida
- Ford City official: Rift at heart of records request
- Progressive Workshop open houses Thursday in Kittanning, Rayburn
- Lenape Tech opening center for adult training Thursday in Manor
- Grievance holding up police hiring in Ford City
- Valley Township couple goes all out for Halloween
- Ford City joining growing fight against blight