Ford City woman arrested on drug charges
By Tim Karan
Published: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 12:21 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 27, 2013
BUTLER — A Ford City woman allegedly involved in local drug trafficking was arrested during a traffic stop in Butler.
Amy Sites, 32, is accused of transporting drug dealers into Armstrong County and is thought to be closely connected to Jeremy Carr — the 23-year-old Kittanning man authorities call a “high-level crack cocaine dealer” who was apprehended last week during a sting operation in Ford City. Sites is accused of transporting drug dealers into the county and providing a place for them to conduct local operations.
Armstrong County Narcotics Enforcement Team (ArmNET) coordinator Frank Pitzer said Butler police stopped Sites, who was wanted on a warrant, as she was leaving a known drug area.
She was placed in Armstrong County Jail on charges of possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, delivery of a controlled substance and criminal use of a communications facility. Bond was set at $25,000.
Her vehicle was impounded.
The Armstrong County District Attorney's office said it expects more arrests and seizures as part of the investigation.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303 or email@example.com.
- Suspect cites heroin addiction in Perry Township gun thefts
- Police arrest 3 for allegedly selling heroin
- West Kittanning teen to compete for Miss Pennsylvania crown
- Bickering adds 3 hours to Ford City meeting
- ASD to hold surplus supplies, equipment auction Saturday
- Memories haunt razed fire hall in Kittanning
- Convicted sex offender can’t return to California for now
- Kittanning man jailed again for contact with girl, 15
- Armstrong School District, union agree on new contract
- Summer fun ready to go in Armstrong County
- New traffic patterns, stop lights planned at new Armstrong School District high school
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.