Ford City woman arrested on drug charges
BUTLER — A Ford City woman allegedly involved in local drug trafficking was arrested during a traffic stop in Butler.
Amy Sites, 32, is accused of transporting drug dealers into Armstrong County and is thought to be closely connected to Jeremy Carr — the 23-year-old Kittanning man authorities call a “high-level crack cocaine dealer” who was apprehended last week during a sting operation in Ford City. Sites is accused of transporting drug dealers into the county and providing a place for them to conduct local operations.
Armstrong County Narcotics Enforcement Team (ArmNET) coordinator Frank Pitzer said Butler police stopped Sites, who was wanted on a warrant, as she was leaving a known drug area.
She was placed in Armstrong County Jail on charges of possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, delivery of a controlled substance and criminal use of a communications facility. Bond was set at $25,000.
Her vehicle was impounded.
The Armstrong County District Attorney's office said it expects more arrests and seizures as part of the investigation.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- West Kittanning health center could reopen after Pa. Supreme Court ruling
- Kittanning Light Up Night a celebration of holiday spirit, bittersweet endings
- Police probe Kittanning Cemetery scam
- Program energizes students at Manor elementary school
- White targets grants for development of properties
- Kittanning men’s club donates $1K to foundation for sick children
- Light-Up Night sparkles with special meaning in Ford City
- ‘Thanksgiving miracle’ brings turkeys to Armstrong needy
- High school bowler first to get Armstrong letterman jacket
- Football game DVD raising money for Armstrong school program
- Armstrong students put Thanksgiving feasts on the table