Ford City woman arrested on drug charges
BUTLER — A Ford City woman allegedly involved in local drug trafficking was arrested during a traffic stop in Butler.
Amy Sites, 32, is accused of transporting drug dealers into Armstrong County and is thought to be closely connected to Jeremy Carr — the 23-year-old Kittanning man authorities call a “high-level crack cocaine dealer” who was apprehended last week during a sting operation in Ford City. Sites is accused of transporting drug dealers into the county and providing a place for them to conduct local operations.
Armstrong County Narcotics Enforcement Team (ArmNET) coordinator Frank Pitzer said Butler police stopped Sites, who was wanted on a warrant, as she was leaving a known drug area.
She was placed in Armstrong County Jail on charges of possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, delivery of a controlled substance and criminal use of a communications facility. Bond was set at $25,000.
Her vehicle was impounded.
The Armstrong County District Attorney's office said it expects more arrests and seizures as part of the investigation.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Online student monitoring made easier in Armstrong
- Apollo couple giving back with fundraiser for Armstrong cancer center
- Manor appliance store owners retire after 45 years in family’s business
- Armstrong School District works out contract with cafeteria workers
- East Franklin soldier gets first award founded by actor Sinise
- River tour offers views of Armstrong foliage
- Kittanning razes condemned homes it bought at tax sale
- Festival benefits Light Up Night, fire department in Ford City
- College courses offered to Armstrong high school students at bargain prices
- Kittanning man withdraws plea after judge rejects sentence recommendation
- Workers shaken by news Kittanning Foodland will close