Ford City woman arrested on drug charges
BUTLER — A Ford City woman allegedly involved in local drug trafficking was arrested during a traffic stop in Butler.
Amy Sites, 32, is accused of transporting drug dealers into Armstrong County and is thought to be closely connected to Jeremy Carr — the 23-year-old Kittanning man authorities call a “high-level crack cocaine dealer” who was apprehended last week during a sting operation in Ford City. Sites is accused of transporting drug dealers into the county and providing a place for them to conduct local operations.
Armstrong County Narcotics Enforcement Team (ArmNET) coordinator Frank Pitzer said Butler police stopped Sites, who was wanted on a warrant, as she was leaving a known drug area.
She was placed in Armstrong County Jail on charges of possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, delivery of a controlled substance and criminal use of a communications facility. Bond was set at $25,000.
Her vehicle was impounded.
The Armstrong County District Attorney's office said it expects more arrests and seizures as part of the investigation.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- North Buffalo man charged with distributing child porn
- Strike planned at ACMH Hospital in East Franklin on Tuesday
- Kittanning business gets new revenue stream
- Armstrong schools put television programming online
- Manor police increase patrols in 2-month trial
- Bond reduction denied for boy accused of fatally shooting Leechburg man
- Rescuers find lost Mahoning teen using cellphone location
- Ford City woman injured in crash
- Letters show Ford City had chance at cutting debt by more than $450K
- Senior care center opening April 1 in East Franklin
- Armstrong cuts one of its hard-to-recycle collection days