Ford City woman arrested on drug charges
BUTLER — A Ford City woman allegedly involved in local drug trafficking was arrested during a traffic stop in Butler.
Amy Sites, 32, is accused of transporting drug dealers into Armstrong County and is thought to be closely connected to Jeremy Carr — the 23-year-old Kittanning man authorities call a “high-level crack cocaine dealer” who was apprehended last week during a sting operation in Ford City. Sites is accused of transporting drug dealers into the county and providing a place for them to conduct local operations.
Armstrong County Narcotics Enforcement Team (ArmNET) coordinator Frank Pitzer said Butler police stopped Sites, who was wanted on a warrant, as she was leaving a known drug area.
She was placed in Armstrong County Jail on charges of possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, delivery of a controlled substance and criminal use of a communications facility. Bond was set at $25,000.
Her vehicle was impounded.
The Armstrong County District Attorney's office said it expects more arrests and seizures as part of the investigation.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Paranormal investigators coming to Ford City library
- Kiski man’s death sparks calls for safety when ice fishing
- Plan hatched to make storefront hub of Armstrong event, services news
- Armstrong beekeepers banding together in Kittanning
- Numine man survives crash into icy river
- Numine man escapes tragedy when car slides down bank into river
- Ford City Council overrides veto, police cuts stay
- Another threat yields no bomb at Armstrong high school
- Kittanning YMCA waives sign-up fee
- School building’s fate at center of Ford City worries
- Tax hike may be answer to Ford City’s police problems