Ford City woman arrested on drug charges
BUTLER — A Ford City woman allegedly involved in local drug trafficking was arrested during a traffic stop in Butler.
Amy Sites, 32, is accused of transporting drug dealers into Armstrong County and is thought to be closely connected to Jeremy Carr — the 23-year-old Kittanning man authorities call a “high-level crack cocaine dealer” who was apprehended last week during a sting operation in Ford City. Sites is accused of transporting drug dealers into the county and providing a place for them to conduct local operations.
Armstrong County Narcotics Enforcement Team (ArmNET) coordinator Frank Pitzer said Butler police stopped Sites, who was wanted on a warrant, as she was leaving a known drug area.
She was placed in Armstrong County Jail on charges of possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, delivery of a controlled substance and criminal use of a communications facility. Bond was set at $25,000.
Her vehicle was impounded.
The Armstrong County District Attorney's office said it expects more arrests and seizures as part of the investigation.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Emerald ash borers taking toll in Armstrong County
- Summer Jam returns to Ford City to benefit nonprofit
- Apollo man’s car show raises more than $2,000 for cancer fund
- Saber pride booming in Ford City’s final year
- Groups traveling uncharted waters to open Allegheny, Monongahela locks
- Pyle goes after state grant
- Armstrong bolstering pool of temp workers for Health Center
- Kittanning Township mulls property tax increase
- Armstrong secretaries approve contract with school district
- Fire ravages Dayton area meat-packing plant
- Historical society seeks to grow interest in Armstrong County museum, library