Ford City woman arrested on drug charges
BUTLER — A Ford City woman allegedly involved in local drug trafficking was arrested during a traffic stop in Butler.
Amy Sites, 32, is accused of transporting drug dealers into Armstrong County and is thought to be closely connected to Jeremy Carr — the 23-year-old Kittanning man authorities call a “high-level crack cocaine dealer” who was apprehended last week during a sting operation in Ford City. Sites is accused of transporting drug dealers into the county and providing a place for them to conduct local operations.
Armstrong County Narcotics Enforcement Team (ArmNET) coordinator Frank Pitzer said Butler police stopped Sites, who was wanted on a warrant, as she was leaving a known drug area.
She was placed in Armstrong County Jail on charges of possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, delivery of a controlled substance and criminal use of a communications facility. Bond was set at $25,000.
Her vehicle was impounded.
The Armstrong County District Attorney's office said it expects more arrests and seizures as part of the investigation.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- State agents arrest Ford City man on child porn charges
- Ford City offers 50-year payment plan for its $581,000 federal debt
- Christian radio station off air while on the market
- Gateway Clipper making 2 Armstrong County cruises in October
- Search warrants aim to tie Rayburn killing to Armstrong jail escapee
- Ford City slow to accept offer to lease closed school parking lot
- Lenape adult learning center in Manor offers free job-readiness classes, job training
- Police determine which car was going wrong way in fatal Manor crash
- Auctioneer expects quick sales at Ford City High School
- Kittanning fundraiser targets purchase of drug-sniffing dog for sheriff’s department
- Police probe slowed by van that hit cars after fatal crash in Manor