Kittanning Wal-Mart upsizing complete
EAST FRANKLIN — The Kittanning area has officially upsized its Wal-Mart to a 24-hour Supercenter.
After more than a year of renovations at the location in Hilltop Plaza, a ribbon-cutting ceremony Wednesday morning marked the grand opening of the expanded store, which added 52,000 square feet and boasts an extensive grocery section.
“We have all these new things we didn't have before to offer the community,” said store manager Carol Williams. “Now we have a deli, dairy, bakery, frozen foods department and an expanded dry grocery (section).”
In addition to the new product selections and 24-hour service, Williams said the entire store has been remodeled with an all-new layout and fixtures.
“Everything I'm hearing from the customers is positive,” said Williams. “They're excited about the fact they have a one-stop shop for everything.”
The expansion also created 85 new positions at the store. Williams said those additional workers — including cashiers and overnight stock employees — have all been hired. The Supercenter will be open 24 hours beginning Friday.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Grand opening of West Kittanning community building will merge past, present
- West Mahoning toddler run over by pickup truck
- Locals urged to report, not kill honeybees
- Kittanning firefighters set to muster up a good time in 125th year
- Manor woman trains blood-tracking dogs with hopes of helping state hunters
- Rising patient numbers leads to hires at health center in Kittanning
- Bradys Bend man charged with molesting girl
- Mayflies making Ford City roads slick for drivers
- Family to rebuild Manor home destroyed by fire