Kittanning Wal-Mart upsizing complete
EAST FRANKLIN — The Kittanning area has officially upsized its Wal-Mart to a 24-hour Supercenter.
After more than a year of renovations at the location in Hilltop Plaza, a ribbon-cutting ceremony Wednesday morning marked the grand opening of the expanded store, which added 52,000 square feet and boasts an extensive grocery section.
“We have all these new things we didn't have before to offer the community,” said store manager Carol Williams. “Now we have a deli, dairy, bakery, frozen foods department and an expanded dry grocery (section).”
In addition to the new product selections and 24-hour service, Williams said the entire store has been remodeled with an all-new layout and fixtures.
“Everything I'm hearing from the customers is positive,” said Williams. “They're excited about the fact they have a one-stop shop for everything.”
The expansion also created 85 new positions at the store. Williams said those additional workers — including cashiers and overnight stock employees — have all been hired. The Supercenter will be open 24 hours beginning Friday.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Armstrong man dies in single-vehicle crash
- Donation another step toward new roof at Cowansville veterans center
- Students perform Christmas program at Kittanning health center
- Officials get early start on NuMine bridge replacement planning
- Musician memorialized with portrait at Lenape Elementary
- Second wave of drug arrests in Armstrong and neighboring counties
- Dayton crash victim remains hospitalized
- South Buffalo church nears end of more than a century of worship
- Armstrong roundup targets drug dealer suspects
- Leader Times readers: Share your favorite Christmas memories
- Kittanning website being upgraded after borough purchase