Kittanning Wal-Mart upsizing complete
EAST FRANKLIN — The Kittanning area has officially upsized its Wal-Mart to a 24-hour Supercenter.
After more than a year of renovations at the location in Hilltop Plaza, a ribbon-cutting ceremony Wednesday morning marked the grand opening of the expanded store, which added 52,000 square feet and boasts an extensive grocery section.
“We have all these new things we didn't have before to offer the community,” said store manager Carol Williams. “Now we have a deli, dairy, bakery, frozen foods department and an expanded dry grocery (section).”
In addition to the new product selections and 24-hour service, Williams said the entire store has been remodeled with an all-new layout and fixtures.
“Everything I'm hearing from the customers is positive,” said Williams. “They're excited about the fact they have a one-stop shop for everything.”
The expansion also created 85 new positions at the store. Williams said those additional workers — including cashiers and overnight stock employees — have all been hired. The Supercenter will be open 24 hours beginning Friday.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Paranormal investigators coming to Ford City library
- Kiski man’s death sparks calls for safety when ice fishing
- Plan hatched to make storefront hub of Armstrong event, services news
- Armstrong beekeepers banding together in Kittanning
- Numine man escapes tragedy when car slides down bank into river
- Ford City Council overrides veto, police cuts stay
- Numine man survives crash into icy river
- Another threat yields no bomb at Armstrong high school
- East Franklin meeting focuses on Affordable Health Care Act
- Kittanning YMCA waives sign-up fee
- Billboard firm sues West Kittanning couple for ‘harassing’ customers