Kittanning Wal-Mart upsizing complete
By Tim Karan
Published: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, February 28, 2013
EAST FRANKLIN — The Kittanning area has officially upsized its Wal-Mart to a 24-hour Supercenter.
After more than a year of renovations at the location in Hilltop Plaza, a ribbon-cutting ceremony Wednesday morning marked the grand opening of the expanded store, which added 52,000 square feet and boasts an extensive grocery section.
“We have all these new things we didn't have before to offer the community,” said store manager Carol Williams. “Now we have a deli, dairy, bakery, frozen foods department and an expanded dry grocery (section).”
In addition to the new product selections and 24-hour service, Williams said the entire store has been remodeled with an all-new layout and fixtures.
“Everything I'm hearing from the customers is positive,” said Williams. “They're excited about the fact they have a one-stop shop for everything.”
The expansion also created 85 new positions at the store. Williams said those additional workers — including cashiers and overnight stock employees — have all been hired. The Supercenter will be open 24 hours beginning Friday.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rupert wins Democratic nod to run for Armstrong sheriff
- Smeltzer loses seat on Armstrong School District board
- 25 percent of Amrstrong voters go to polls
- Plenty to choose from in Kittanning mayor’s race
- Voters have plethora of hopefuls to pick from
- Stolen rig found submerged in Keystone lake in Armstrong County
- Stark divide for coroner
- Ford City water plant plans cause heated discussion
- Budget issues top borough candidates’ concerns
- Armstrong to seek housing funds for ADA improvements
- Community day to help Freeport boy fighting cancer
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.