Spring Church man charged with having sex with minor
By Tim Karan
Published: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 12:41 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, March 2, 2013
A 20-year-old Spring Church man was arrested for allegedly having sex with a 15-year-old girl in November.
Court documents say Cory L. Frye met the girl two years ago and wanted to date her then. However, the girl said she refused, citing their age difference. The Leader Times does not identify juveniles who are the victim of a crime.
Last November, the girl was home alone when she began talking to Frye over Facebook and invited him over. The pair then engaged in consensual sex.
The girl told state police about the incident in late January, and Frye was placed in Armstrong County Jail on Thursday by District Judge James Owen on charges of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, statutory sexual assault and indecent assault on a person under 16. He was released on $7,500 bond.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303 or email@example.com.
- Voters have plethora of hopefuls to pick from
- Armstrong to seek housing funds for ADA improvements
- Stolen rig found submerged in Keystone lake in Armstrong County
- Stark divide for coroner
- Community day to help Freeport boy fighting cancer
- Budget issues top borough candidates’ concerns
- State gives Armstrong district OK to raise taxes above inflation rate
- Ford City water plant plans cause heated discussion
- ASD budget, buildings top candidates’ list
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.