Spring Church man charged with having sex with minor
A 20-year-old Spring Church man was arrested for allegedly having sex with a 15-year-old girl in November.
Court documents say Cory L. Frye met the girl two years ago and wanted to date her then. However, the girl said she refused, citing their age difference. The Leader Times does not identify juveniles who are the victim of a crime.
Last November, the girl was home alone when she began talking to Frye over Facebook and invited him over. The pair then engaged in consensual sex.
The girl told state police about the incident in late January, and Frye was placed in Armstrong County Jail on Thursday by District Judge James Owen on charges of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, statutory sexual assault and indecent assault on a person under 16. He was released on $7,500 bond.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Inflatables bring joy to North Buffalo child’s world
- Fire marshal rules arson in Kittanning blaze
- Armstrong contributes to project to replace Kittanning retaining wall
- Armstrong County Jail commitments since Dec. 13
- Crash leaves Burrell Township family without father, friend
- Kittanning, Kiski police getting trained to help abuse victims
- Family escapes house fire in Kittanning
- Teachers at 2 Armstrong schools go casual for a cause
- Armstrong man dies in single-vehicle crash
- House fire quickly snuffed in Ford City
- Musician memorialized with portrait at Lenape Elementary