Spring Church man charged with having sex with minor
A 20-year-old Spring Church man was arrested for allegedly having sex with a 15-year-old girl in November.
Court documents say Cory L. Frye met the girl two years ago and wanted to date her then. However, the girl said she refused, citing their age difference. The Leader Times does not identify juveniles who are the victim of a crime.
Last November, the girl was home alone when she began talking to Frye over Facebook and invited him over. The pair then engaged in consensual sex.
The girl told state police about the incident in late January, and Frye was placed in Armstrong County Jail on Thursday by District Judge James Owen on charges of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, statutory sexual assault and indecent assault on a person under 16. He was released on $7,500 bond.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Guitar added to course list at Ford City High School
- Kittanning to crack down on dock hogs
- Castle raffle in Ford City will benefit Make-a-Wish
- Ford City group focuses on health of park’s trees
- No one hurt when Indiana school bus hits pole in Shelocta
- New Dayton food pantry sees more people each week
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement
- Manor appliance store owners retire after 45 years in family’s business
- Apollo couple giving back with fundraiser for Armstrong cancer center
- Online student monitoring made easier in Armstrong