Spring Church man charged with having sex with minor
A 20-year-old Spring Church man was arrested for allegedly having sex with a 15-year-old girl in November.
Court documents say Cory L. Frye met the girl two years ago and wanted to date her then. However, the girl said she refused, citing their age difference. The Leader Times does not identify juveniles who are the victim of a crime.
Last November, the girl was home alone when she began talking to Frye over Facebook and invited him over. The pair then engaged in consensual sex.
The girl told state police about the incident in late January, and Frye was placed in Armstrong County Jail on Thursday by District Judge James Owen on charges of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, statutory sexual assault and indecent assault on a person under 16. He was released on $7,500 bond.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Teen charged with threatening stepfather at Boggs home
- ‘Elvis’ alive and well in Cowanshannock
- Volunteers answer call to duty at veteran’s center in Cowansville
- Ford City native jazzing it up at big name festival in Florida
- Tours of Armstrong’s school construction site offered next month
- Drivers concerned with changes at Kittanning intersection
- Grants awarded for recreational spots in Ford City, East Franklin
- Armstrong commissioners leery about Wolf’s severence tax proposal
- Ford City official: Rift at heart of records request