Spring Church man charged with having sex with minor
A 20-year-old Spring Church man was arrested for allegedly having sex with a 15-year-old girl in November.
Court documents say Cory L. Frye met the girl two years ago and wanted to date her then. However, the girl said she refused, citing their age difference. The Leader Times does not identify juveniles who are the victim of a crime.
Last November, the girl was home alone when she began talking to Frye over Facebook and invited him over. The pair then engaged in consensual sex.
The girl told state police about the incident in late January, and Frye was placed in Armstrong County Jail on Thursday by District Judge James Owen on charges of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, statutory sexual assault and indecent assault on a person under 16. He was released on $7,500 bond.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Open locks have Armstrong river businesses banking on better weather
- Apollo Independence Day celebration salutes those who sacrificed
- New Armstrong Junior-Senior High facility to be shown off in August
- Ford City targeting development of former industrial land
- SummerFest kicks off in Ford City
- Armstrong fire departments sharpen river rescue skills
- Roof over Cowansville veterans center a ‘godsend’
- Trailer fire puts Rayburn family out of home
- Rain washes out concert, not comeback for Kittanning bar band
- Progressive Workshop welcomes new CEO at Kittanning meet-and-greet
- Concert aims to heal wounds of Armstrong veterans