Chicora man, 39, killed in fight
KITTANNING — A Butler County man was killed early Sunday in fight on Monteith Street. authorities said.
In separate news releases issued Sunday, East Franklin-based state police and Armstrong County Deputy Coroner Brian K. Myers said James P. Sullivan, 39, of Danville Road, Chicora, “engaged in a physical altercation with a known individual that resulted in his death” about 1:35 a.m.
Myers said Sullivan was pronounced dead at ACMH Hospital at 2:50 a.m.
The police and coroner's releases did not specify where the fight occurred on Monteith.
The other person in the fight was not identified by police, and there was no indication of pending charges.
The police news release also stated that “no weapons were utilized in this incident.”
A trooper at the Kittanning station said no further information was available on Sunday. Authorities said the investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 724-543-2011.
Myers said an autopsy was performed Sunday afternoon and the cause of death was determined to be blunt force trauma to the abdomen and head. The body was released to Steightner Funeral Home in Chicora.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Armstrong candidates tackle issues during forum
- Burglary suspect arrested in Kittanning
- Ford City family’s war collection being featured at Pittsburgh museum
- Feds to Ford City: 60 days to repay $581,000 grant default
- West Shamokin students get lesson about driving under the influence
- Kittanning councilman’s property removed from sheriff sale list
- Avonmore man jailed on charges of stealing 3 cars Sunday
- Life skills students enjoy prom festivities in Manor
- CEO leaving Kittanning’s Progressive Workshop after 36-year run
- Alle Kiski Strong Chamber seeks executive director
- West Kittanning planning road work on limited budget