Chicora man, 39, killed in fight
KITTANNING — A Butler County man was killed early Sunday in fight on Monteith Street. authorities said.
In separate news releases issued Sunday, East Franklin-based state police and Armstrong County Deputy Coroner Brian K. Myers said James P. Sullivan, 39, of Danville Road, Chicora, “engaged in a physical altercation with a known individual that resulted in his death” about 1:35 a.m.
Myers said Sullivan was pronounced dead at ACMH Hospital at 2:50 a.m.
The police and coroner's releases did not specify where the fight occurred on Monteith.
The other person in the fight was not identified by police, and there was no indication of pending charges.
The police news release also stated that “no weapons were utilized in this incident.”
A trooper at the Kittanning station said no further information was available on Sunday. Authorities said the investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 724-543-2011.
Myers said an autopsy was performed Sunday afternoon and the cause of death was determined to be blunt force trauma to the abdomen and head. The body was released to Steightner Funeral Home in Chicora.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- West Kittanning health center could reopen after Pa. Supreme Court ruling
- Police probe Kittanning Cemetery scam
- Armstrong students put Thanksgiving feasts on the table
- Program energizes students at Manor elementary school
- Kittanning Light Up Night a celebration of holiday spirit, bittersweet endings
- Football game DVD raising money for Armstrong school program
- Armstrong adds fee for assessment challenges
- Kittanning men’s club donates $1K to foundation for sick children
- Armstrong’s proposed budget increases spending, holds tax rate steady
- Armstrong Leo Clubs accept toy drive challenge
- Model trains on display to help Ford City food bank