Chicora man, 39, killed in fight
KITTANNING — A Butler County man was killed early Sunday in fight on Monteith Street. authorities said.
In separate news releases issued Sunday, East Franklin-based state police and Armstrong County Deputy Coroner Brian K. Myers said James P. Sullivan, 39, of Danville Road, Chicora, “engaged in a physical altercation with a known individual that resulted in his death” about 1:35 a.m.
Myers said Sullivan was pronounced dead at ACMH Hospital at 2:50 a.m.
The police and coroner's releases did not specify where the fight occurred on Monteith.
The other person in the fight was not identified by police, and there was no indication of pending charges.
The police news release also stated that “no weapons were utilized in this incident.”
A trooper at the Kittanning station said no further information was available on Sunday. Authorities said the investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 724-543-2011.
Myers said an autopsy was performed Sunday afternoon and the cause of death was determined to be blunt force trauma to the abdomen and head. The body was released to Steightner Funeral Home in Chicora.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- War memories remain strong for 94-year-old Manorville veteran
- Kittanning business celebrates renovations in its 43rd year
- Police investigating attack on boy near Kittanning Rails to Trails
- Armstrong School District officials OK tax hike in preliminary budget
- Ford City Council calls in help to deal with $580K grant default
- Commissioners pledge $9,300 more to Kittanning revitalization project