Kittanning man waives shooting charges to court
KITTANNING — A Kittanning man, arrested in mid-March for allegedly shooting his roommate in the leg with a sawed-off shotgun, waived his charges to court on Wednesday.
Daniel Patterson, 23, was charged with two counts of aggravated assault, discharging a firearm into an occupied structure — both felonies— as well as a misdemeanor charge of reckless endangerment.
Patterson, who was represented by public defender Jason Richard Lewis, waived his right to a preliminary hearing before District Judge James Owen.
The charges stem from a March 7 incident which allegedly occurred at Patterson's home along Vine Street.
According to the criminal complaint, Patterson allegedly fired rubber buckshot at Nathan Bielski, 38, striking him in the inner right thigh.
Bielski, who had been staying at the residence for about two weeks, was transported to the trauma unit of UPMC in Pittsburgh with a six-inch hole in his leg.
Bielski has been released from the hospital and was at district court on Wednesday. He was accompanied by Eric Hawthorne, 50, of Ford City, who had been at the apartment during the incident on March 7.
Owen reduced Patterson's bail from $20,000 to $5,000 cash bond with the stipulation that he does not attempt to contact the alleged victim.
Brigid Beatty is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-543-1303 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crash leaves Burrell Township family without father, friend
- Armstrong contributes to project to replace Kittanning retaining wall
- Armstrong County Jail commitments since Dec. 13
- Teachers at 2 Armstrong schools go casual for a cause
- Kittanning, Kiski police getting trained to help abuse victims
- Family escapes house fire in Kittanning
- Samples show Plumcreek gas leaks aren’t methane
- Armstrong man dies in single-vehicle crash
- House fire quickly snuffed in Ford City
- Contractor fighting Armstrong blight one house at a time
- Second wave of drug arrests in Armstrong and neighboring counties