Kittanning man waives shooting charges to court
KITTANNING — A Kittanning man, arrested in mid-March for allegedly shooting his roommate in the leg with a sawed-off shotgun, waived his charges to court on Wednesday.
Daniel Patterson, 23, was charged with two counts of aggravated assault, discharging a firearm into an occupied structure — both felonies— as well as a misdemeanor charge of reckless endangerment.
Patterson, who was represented by public defender Jason Richard Lewis, waived his right to a preliminary hearing before District Judge James Owen.
The charges stem from a March 7 incident which allegedly occurred at Patterson's home along Vine Street.
According to the criminal complaint, Patterson allegedly fired rubber buckshot at Nathan Bielski, 38, striking him in the inner right thigh.
Bielski, who had been staying at the residence for about two weeks, was transported to the trauma unit of UPMC in Pittsburgh with a six-inch hole in his leg.
Bielski has been released from the hospital and was at district court on Wednesday. He was accompanied by Eric Hawthorne, 50, of Ford City, who had been at the apartment during the incident on March 7.
Owen reduced Patterson's bail from $20,000 to $5,000 cash bond with the stipulation that he does not attempt to contact the alleged victim.
Brigid Beatty is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-543-1303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Strike planned at ACMH Hospital in East Franklin on Tuesday
- Manor police increase patrols in 2-month trial
- North Buffalo man charged with distributing child porn
- Kittanning business gets new revenue stream
- Armstrong schools put television programming online
- Letters show Ford City had chance at cutting debt by more than $450K
- Madison woman seeks help finding fugitive goat, sheep
- Rescuers find lost Mahoning teen using cellphone location
- Bond reduction denied for boy accused of fatally shooting Leechburg man
- Incumbent steps aside, mayor enters council race in Ford City
- Ford City woman injured in crash