Police seek suspect in robbery of Kwik Fill along Route 422
MANOR TOWNSHIP — Authorities are searching for the man who robbed a gas station convenience store at gunpoint and escaped with an undisclosed amount of cash on Wednesday night.
According to East Franklin-based state police, a man armed with a handgun and wearing a ski mask and hooded sweatshirt entered the Kwik Fill along Route 422 at around 8:50 p.m. and demanded money from a female clerk.
The clerk, whom police did not identify, was not injured.
No customers were in the store at the time of the robbery, police said.
The robber escaped by foot before getting into a vehicle which was parked some distance from the gas station.
Police said the suspected getaway vehicle was last seen heading east on Route 422.
Law enforcement conducted a search of the area on Wednesday night but were unable to apprehend the suspect.
The Kwik Fill manager declined to comment on Thursday morning because of the ongoing investigation.
Police are asking anyone with information to call the East Franklin station at 724-543-2011.
Brigid Beatty is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-543-1303 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kittanning shelter creating calm haven for interviewing young victims
- Former Gilpin man charged with sexual assault on girl
- Groundbreaking marks Rayburn company’s faith in Armstrong County
- NuMine arsonist to serve up to five years in jail
- Lenape students work on Habitat house in Kittanning
- New Police Interceptor hits the road in Kittanning
- Wardens on the prowl for unlicensed dogs in Armstrong this week
- Cleanup crews hitting Armstrong Rails to Trails in April
- Armstrong schools put television programming online
- Armstrong agency gets money to help needy in emergencies
- Bond reduction denied for boy accused of fatally shooting Leechburg man