Police seek suspect in robbery of Kwik Fill along Route 422
MANOR TOWNSHIP — Authorities are searching for the man who robbed a gas station convenience store at gunpoint and escaped with an undisclosed amount of cash on Wednesday night.
According to East Franklin-based state police, a man armed with a handgun and wearing a ski mask and hooded sweatshirt entered the Kwik Fill along Route 422 at around 8:50 p.m. and demanded money from a female clerk.
The clerk, whom police did not identify, was not injured.
No customers were in the store at the time of the robbery, police said.
The robber escaped by foot before getting into a vehicle which was parked some distance from the gas station.
Police said the suspected getaway vehicle was last seen heading east on Route 422.
Law enforcement conducted a search of the area on Wednesday night but were unable to apprehend the suspect.
The Kwik Fill manager declined to comment on Thursday morning because of the ongoing investigation.
Police are asking anyone with information to call the East Franklin station at 724-543-2011.
Brigid Beatty is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-543-1303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Grants boost tunnel, trail work in Clarion and Armstrong counties
- Ford City joining growing fight against blight
- Valley Township couple goes all out for Halloween
- VA seeks input on services at Ford City clinic
- Progressive Workshop open houses Thursday in Kittanning, Rayburn
- Ford City man arrested for making video of parking dispute
- Ford City official: Rift at heart of records request
- Ford City native jazzing it up at big name festival in Florida
- ‘Elvis’ alive and well in Cowanshannock
- Teen charged with threatening stepfather at Boggs home
- Volunteers answer call to duty at veteran’s center in Cowansville