Butler man charged in Forest County stabbings
A Butler man is accused of fatally stabbing an ex-girlfriend and a Leechburg man in a Forest County mobile home.
State police charged Scott Allan Black, 38, with two counts of homicide in the deaths of Marcelle Edwards, 42, of Green and Donald Shay, 43, of Leechburg. Black is being held without bond at Warren County Jail, police said.
Police said they received a report early Saturday of a man brandishing a knife at Edwards' home, near Tionesta.
When they arrived, troopers found Shay on the front porch and Edwards inside. Both had been stabbed multiple times, Forest County Coroner Norman J. Wimer said. Police later arrested Black along German Hill Road.
Wimer said there had been a dispute between Black and the victims.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Manor appliance store owners retire after 45 years in family’s business
- Apollo couple giving back with fundraiser for Armstrong cancer center
- ‘Victory’ for ARDC; Armstrong locks to open in 2015
- Kittanning razes condemned homes it bought at tax sale
- Online student monitoring made easier in Armstrong
- Armstrong School District works out contract with cafeteria workers
- River tour offers views of Armstrong foliage
- Workers shaken by news Kittanning Foodland will close
- Students, ALS win when Shannock Valley principal takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- Festival benefits Light Up Night, fire department in Ford City
- Funding cuts leave Armstrong food banks operating on ‘wing and a prayer’