West Kittanning teen to compete for Miss Pennsylvania crown
Cara Masters, 18, of West Kittanning will compete for the crown of Miss Pennsylvania starting Wednesday at Shady Side Academy in Fox Chapel.
Masters was crowned Miss Armstrong County on Nov. 17 and now competes against 34 other contestants from across the state.
A 2013 graduate of Kittanning High School, Masters will compete for the “Miss Pennsylvania” title for the first time.
This will be her second beauty pageant. She will be competing in the preliminary rounds of the swimsuit and evening wear competition at 8 p.m. June 12 and the on-stage interview and talent competition at 8 p.m. June 13.
She will be singing Miranda Lambert's “The House That Built Me” for the talent portion of the competition.
The competition will end at 8 p.m. June 15 with a final round for the top 10 contestants competing for the crown of “Miss Pennsylvania.”
Masters' platform for the pageant is the Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
She chose this platform because her mother, Andrea Masters, is a breast cancer survivor.
Masters will be supported by both her immediate and extended families and some of her fellow high school graduates.
The contestants were involved in a fundraiser to benefit the Special Olympics on June 11 at Freedom Farms in Butler.
The television reality show “Farm Kings” is filmed there.
The winner of the “Miss Pennsylvania” pageant will go on to compete in the “Miss America” pageant in Atlantic City in September.
She is the daughter of Carl Jr. and Andrea Masters of West Kittanning.
She will attend Indiana University of Pennsylvania in the fall to study early education and special education.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Armstrong in test program using slag on icy roads
- Armstrong Conservation District shows off year’s work
- Car crashes into house on East Brady Road in East Franklin
- Progressive Workshop open houses Thursday in Kittanning, Rayburn
- Run with ‘zombies’ at West Shamokin fundraiser
- Valley Township couple goes all out for Halloween
- VA seeks input on services at Ford City clinic
- Lenape Tech opening center for adult training Thursday in Manor
- Program bridges several disciplines for Kittanning students
- Pickleball ambassador gets sport a spot at YMCA in Kittanning
- Volunteers answer call to duty at veteran’s center in Cowansville