Wheelchair mishap kills 28-year-old dad in Manor Township
MANOR — A 28-year-old Manor Township man died when his motorized wheelchair plummeted down an embankment Sunday evening as he was on his way to his son's birthday party.
Cody Wynkoop of Elm Drive was last seen at about 2:40 p.m. and was discovered along Smeltzer Flat Road about 5:30 p.m., said Armstrong County Deputy Coroner Brian Myers.
“He was on his way to his parents' house for his son's birthday party when he went off the road and fell 6 to 8 feet down an embankment,” he said.
Myers, who was dispatched at 6:03 p.m., pronounced Wynkoop dead at the scene. His death was ruled an accident.
Funeral arrangements are being handled by Snyder-Crissman Funeral Home in Kittanning.
Manor Township Fire Department, Manor Township police and Ford City ambulance assisted at the scene.
Brigid Beatty is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-543-1303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Armstrong man dies in single-vehicle crash
- Donation another step toward new roof at Cowansville veterans center
- Officials get early start on NuMine bridge replacement planning
- Students perform Christmas program at Kittanning health center
- Ford City looks for bigger hall to house crowd at council meetings
- South Buffalo church nears end of more than a century of worship
- Dayton crash victim remains hospitalized
- Kittanning website being upgraded after borough purchase
- Musician memorialized with portrait at Lenape Elementary
- Canoer hit by deer hunter’s shot in Burrell Township
- Armstrong roundup targets drug dealer suspects