Wheelchair mishap kills 28-year-old dad in Manor Township
MANOR — A 28-year-old Manor Township man died when his motorized wheelchair plummeted down an embankment Sunday evening as he was on his way to his son's birthday party.
Cody Wynkoop of Elm Drive was last seen at about 2:40 p.m. and was discovered along Smeltzer Flat Road about 5:30 p.m., said Armstrong County Deputy Coroner Brian Myers.
“He was on his way to his parents' house for his son's birthday party when he went off the road and fell 6 to 8 feet down an embankment,” he said.
Myers, who was dispatched at 6:03 p.m., pronounced Wynkoop dead at the scene. His death was ruled an accident.
Funeral arrangements are being handled by Snyder-Crissman Funeral Home in Kittanning.
Manor Township Fire Department, Manor Township police and Ford City ambulance assisted at the scene.
Brigid Beatty is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-543-1303 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Paranormal investigators coming to Ford City library
- Kiski man’s death sparks calls for safety when ice fishing
- Plan hatched to make storefront hub of Armstrong event, services news
- Armstrong beekeepers banding together in Kittanning
- Numine man survives crash into icy river
- Numine man escapes tragedy when car slides down bank into river
- Ford City Council overrides veto, police cuts stay
- Another threat yields no bomb at Armstrong high school
- East Franklin meeting focuses on Affordable Health Care Act
- Destroyed Plumcreek feed store to be rebuilt
- Manor supervisor stepping down after decades of service