Deadlines nearing for Nov. 5 election
Several deadlines are approaching for Armstrong County voters who plan to cast ballots in the Nov. 5 election.
The final day to register to vote, update personal information or switch political party for the election is Oct. 7, according to Wendy Buzard, director of elections and voter registration in Armstrong County.
Voters seeking an absentee ballot must file an application by Oct. 29 in the elections and voter registration office in the Armstrong County Courthouse Administration building at 450 Market St., Kittanning. Applications are available online, Buzard said.
Buzard added that poll workers are going to ask each voter for identification during the Nov. 5 election, although it is not required because of an injunction filed against the state's voter identification law.
“Every voter will be asked for identification, even though the law has been suspended,” she said. “If voters don't have identification, they'll still be able to vote.”
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Stanley’s Bar & Grill in Ford City offers free Thanksgiving dinner
- Ford City council OKs purchase of 2 patrol cars
- Armstrong softball team sends off 41 Operation Christmas Child boxes
- Christmas train is an annual Armstrong holiday tradition
- Armstrong children can visit Santa in a quiet, calm atmosphere
- Thanksgiving meal offers Ford City students a chance to learn
- Kittanning Salvation Army kicks off holiday shoe drive
- Ford City executive sessions called into question
- Armstrong libraries offering adult coloring clubs
- Young violinist remains dedicated to his craft, enjoys visits home to Armstrong
- Funds dry up for Shannock Valley War Memorial upkeep