Deadlines nearing for Nov. 5 election
Several deadlines are approaching for Armstrong County voters who plan to cast ballots in the Nov. 5 election.
The final day to register to vote, update personal information or switch political party for the election is Oct. 7, according to Wendy Buzard, director of elections and voter registration in Armstrong County.
Voters seeking an absentee ballot must file an application by Oct. 29 in the elections and voter registration office in the Armstrong County Courthouse Administration building at 450 Market St., Kittanning. Applications are available online, Buzard said.
Buzard added that poll workers are going to ask each voter for identification during the Nov. 5 election, although it is not required because of an injunction filed against the state's voter identification law.
“Every voter will be asked for identification, even though the law has been suspended,” she said. “If voters don't have identification, they'll still be able to vote.”
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Progressive Workshop open houses Thursday in Kittanning, Rayburn
- Valley Township couple goes all out for Halloween
- Ford City man arrested for making video of parking dispute
- ‘Elvis’ alive and well in Cowanshannock
- Armstrong commissioners leery about Wolf’s severence tax proposal
- Teen charged with threatening stepfather at Boggs home
- Ford City native jazzing it up at big name festival in Florida
- Salvation Army struggles to meet growing need in Armstrong County
- Armstrong domestic abuse shelter boosted by Mary Kay grant
- Allegheny locks agreement talks begin in Armstrong
- Volunteers answer call to duty at veteran’s center in Cowansville