Deadlines nearing for Nov. 5 election
Several deadlines are approaching for Armstrong County voters who plan to cast ballots in the Nov. 5 election.
The final day to register to vote, update personal information or switch political party for the election is Oct. 7, according to Wendy Buzard, director of elections and voter registration in Armstrong County.
Voters seeking an absentee ballot must file an application by Oct. 29 in the elections and voter registration office in the Armstrong County Courthouse Administration building at 450 Market St., Kittanning. Applications are available online, Buzard said.
Buzard added that poll workers are going to ask each voter for identification during the Nov. 5 election, although it is not required because of an injunction filed against the state's voter identification law.
“Every voter will be asked for identification, even though the law has been suspended,” she said. “If voters don't have identification, they'll still be able to vote.”
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Armstrong Junior-Senior High facility to be shown off in August
- Class of ‘74 returning for last dance at Kittanning High School
- SummerFest kicks off in Ford City
- Ford City targeting development of former industrial land
- Sheriff starts fundraising to buy drug-sniffing K-9 officer for Armstrong
- Concert aims to heal wounds of Armstrong veterans
- Priest celebrates first Mass in Ford City hometown church
- Trailer fire puts Rayburn family out of home
- Progressive Workshop welcomes new CEO at Kittanning meet-and-greet
- Armstrong County task force takes on flooded creek