Leechburg man charged with spitting on officers
A Leechburg man is charged with aggravated assault for allegedly spitting on three police officers on Monday morning.
Brian M. Petro, 35, of Siberian Avenue, is charged with three counts of aggravated assault, three counts of aggravated harassment by a prisoner, two counts of institutional vandalism, resisting arrest or other law enforcement, disorderly conduct, open lewdness, three counts of harassment, two counts of criminal mischief and public drunkenness for allegedly spitting on the officers when he was accused of knocking on doors along Evergreen Road in Leechburg at 1 a.m.
According to a criminal complaint, written by state police Trooper Bradley Walters, after Leechburg police officers took Petro into custody, he defecated and urinated throughout the detention cell.
When confronted, Petro spit in the face of Walters and another state trooper, along with a Leechburg police officer, according to the complaint.
Petro refused to let officers place him in their vehicle to transport him to the Armstrong County Jail, which led officers to spray him with pepper spray, Walters wrote.
District Judge Gary DeComo committed Petro to the Armstrong County Jail on Monday. Bond was set at $15,000.
Petro is scheduled for a preliminary hearing before District Judge James Andring in Leechurg on Oct. 2.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mayflies making Ford City roads slick for drivers
- Ford City wrestles with $600K question
- West Kittanning increases security around its dumpster
- Judge rejects proposed sentence for Leechburg sex offender
- Ford City Council’s police committee recommends eliminating department
- Lyme disease numbers spiking in Western Pennsylvania
- Charges expected in Kittanning warehouse crash
- Rising patient numbers leads to hires at health center in Kittanning
- Weather washes out Arts performance in Kittanning
- Armstrong groups target childhood obesity with exercise
- Belmont sports camp gives kids a jump on fitness