Leechburg man charged with spitting on officers
A Leechburg man is charged with aggravated assault for allegedly spitting on three police officers on Monday morning.
Brian M. Petro, 35, of Siberian Avenue, is charged with three counts of aggravated assault, three counts of aggravated harassment by a prisoner, two counts of institutional vandalism, resisting arrest or other law enforcement, disorderly conduct, open lewdness, three counts of harassment, two counts of criminal mischief and public drunkenness for allegedly spitting on the officers when he was accused of knocking on doors along Evergreen Road in Leechburg at 1 a.m.
According to a criminal complaint, written by state police Trooper Bradley Walters, after Leechburg police officers took Petro into custody, he defecated and urinated throughout the detention cell.
When confronted, Petro spit in the face of Walters and another state trooper, along with a Leechburg police officer, according to the complaint.
Petro refused to let officers place him in their vehicle to transport him to the Armstrong County Jail, which led officers to spray him with pepper spray, Walters wrote.
District Judge Gary DeComo committed Petro to the Armstrong County Jail on Monday. Bond was set at $15,000.
Petro is scheduled for a preliminary hearing before District Judge James Andring in Leechurg on Oct. 2.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kittanning News carries latest books by Boarts and Creel
- Christmas train is an annual Armstrong holiday tradition
- Thanksgiving meal offers Ford City students a chance to learn
- Armstrong libraries offering adult coloring clubs
- Robbery nets stint in prison for Marion Center man
- Armstrong softball team sends off 41 Operation Christmas Child boxes
- Ford City council OKs purchase of 2 patrol cars
- Stanley’s Bar & Grill in Ford City offers free Thanksgiving dinner
- Young violinist remains dedicated to his craft, enjoys visits home to Armstrong
- Ford City church, Lenape Technical School team up to provide happy Thanksgiving
- Armstrong children can visit Santa in a quiet, calm atmosphere