Market Street to close for weekend
KITTANNING — A portion of Market Street will be closed to motorist traffic from 6 a.m. Saturday until Sunday afternoon to allow for a crane to complete work on a Verizon Wireless equipment enclosure on the roof of the Health House building.
The building is also known as the Colwell Arnold Building, on the western corner of Market and North Jefferson streets.
The closure will affect the section of Market Street from the Citizens Bridge to the Health House at 247 Market St.
However, both McKean Street and Jefferson Street will remain open to motorists. Pedestrian traffic will not be affected.
Laura Merritt, a Verizon spokeswoman, said the rooftop site is preferable at this location because it is less intrusive to the community than a standing tower structure would be.
She said the site “will help expand capacity to support the area network, meeting the needs of customer use.”
Merritt noted that the project is expected to be completed by the end of the year and that there will not be any disruptions in customer cell phone service while work continues at the wireless location site.
Keegan Wireless, of Charleroi, is providing the site construction for Verizon Wireless.
Brigid Beatty is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-543-1303 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Armstrong County Health Center celebrates decades of care
- Feds to Ford City: 60 days to repay $581,000 grant default
- Kittanning councilman’s property removed from sheriff sale list
- Spices make the difference for thriving Armstrong County chip company
- Armstrong Junior-Senior High School to receive National Day of Prayer blessing
- West Shamokin students get lesson about driving under the influence
- Life skills students enjoy prom festivities in Manor
- Burglary suspect arrested in Kittanning
- High school vandalism captured on video in Ford City
- State approves low-interest loan for Ford City water plant project