Man jumps from Graff Bridge
A Ford City man jumped to his death from the Judge J. Frank Graff Bridge on Wednesday morning.
Paul Watson, 56, jumped from the bridge about 10:30 a.m., landing near Garretts Run Road, according to Armstrong County Deputy Coroner Brian Myers.
“A couple of people passing by witnessed him do it,” Myers said. “They were the ones who called in.”
Watson died instantly, Myers said.
The bridge, which runs over the Allegheny River between Manor and North Buffalo townships, carries state Routes 28 and 422.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kittanning Light Up Night a celebration of holiday spirit, bittersweet endings
- Police probe Kittanning Cemetery scam
- West Kittanning health center could reopen after Pa. Supreme Court ruling
- Kittanning men’s club donates $1K to foundation for sick children
- Armstrong students put Thanksgiving feasts on the table
- Model trains on display to help Ford City food bank
- Light-Up Night sparkles with special meaning in Ford City
- Program energizes students at Manor elementary school
- Armstrong’s proposed budget increases spending, holds tax rate steady
- Football game DVD raising money for Armstrong school program
- Raucous crowd packs meeting to back Ford City police force