Vandergrift man charged with stealing copper rolls
A Vandergrift man allegedly took rolls of copper from Lawrence Plumbing in September.
State police charged Justin Keith McMasters, 24, of Vandergrift with two counts of burglary, two counts of criminal trespassing, one count of theft by unlawful taking and one count of receiving stolen property when he allegedly took seven rolls of copper, valued at approximately $2,600, between Sept. 14 and 18, from Lawrence Plumbing's facility on Industrial Park Road, Parks Township.
According to police, McMasters and an unidentified white male were caught on security cameras pulling a green Ford Ranger truck into the warehouse, loading the copper rolls and driving away on Sept. 14 at 9:30 a.m.
McMasters returned to the facility on Sept. 18 at 9:50 p.m. Police said he did not take anything the second time but looked directly into a security camera. Police used the footage to identify McMasters and arrested him on Wednesday at his mother's home in Vandergrift.
District Judge James Owen committed McMasters to the Armstrong County Jail. Bail was set at $50,000.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rayburn businessman honored for charitable work
- Heavy rains pour through Armstrong County
- West Mahoning toddler run over by pickup truck
- West Kittanning increases security around its dumpster
- Judge rejects proposed sentence for Leechburg sex offender
- Lyme disease numbers spiking in Western Pennsylvania
- Mayflies making Ford City roads slick for drivers
- Ford City wrestles with $600K question
- Duck Derby helps keep Armstrong theater group afloat
- Locals urged to report, not kill honeybees
- Grand opening of West Kittanning community building will merge past, present