Vandergrift man charged with stealing copper rolls
A Vandergrift man allegedly took rolls of copper from Lawrence Plumbing in September.
State police charged Justin Keith McMasters, 24, of Vandergrift with two counts of burglary, two counts of criminal trespassing, one count of theft by unlawful taking and one count of receiving stolen property when he allegedly took seven rolls of copper, valued at approximately $2,600, between Sept. 14 and 18, from Lawrence Plumbing's facility on Industrial Park Road, Parks Township.
According to police, McMasters and an unidentified white male were caught on security cameras pulling a green Ford Ranger truck into the warehouse, loading the copper rolls and driving away on Sept. 14 at 9:30 a.m.
McMasters returned to the facility on Sept. 18 at 9:50 p.m. Police said he did not take anything the second time but looked directly into a security camera. Police used the footage to identify McMasters and arrested him on Wednesday at his mother's home in Vandergrift.
District Judge James Owen committed McMasters to the Armstrong County Jail. Bail was set at $50,000.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kittanning Light Up Night a celebration of holiday spirit, bittersweet endings
- West Kittanning health center could reopen after Pa. Supreme Court ruling
- Police probe Kittanning Cemetery scam
- Kittanning men’s club donates $1K to foundation for sick children
- Armstrong students put Thanksgiving feasts on the table
- Program energizes students at Manor elementary school
- Light-Up Night sparkles with special meaning in Ford City
- Football game DVD raising money for Armstrong school program
- Model trains on display to help Ford City food bank
- ‘Thanksgiving miracle’ brings turkeys to Armstrong needy
- Armstrong’s proposed budget increases spending, holds tax rate steady