Vandergrift man charged with stealing copper rolls
A Vandergrift man allegedly took rolls of copper from Lawrence Plumbing in September.
State police charged Justin Keith McMasters, 24, of Vandergrift with two counts of burglary, two counts of criminal trespassing, one count of theft by unlawful taking and one count of receiving stolen property when he allegedly took seven rolls of copper, valued at approximately $2,600, between Sept. 14 and 18, from Lawrence Plumbing's facility on Industrial Park Road, Parks Township.
According to police, McMasters and an unidentified white male were caught on security cameras pulling a green Ford Ranger truck into the warehouse, loading the copper rolls and driving away on Sept. 14 at 9:30 a.m.
McMasters returned to the facility on Sept. 18 at 9:50 p.m. Police said he did not take anything the second time but looked directly into a security camera. Police used the footage to identify McMasters and arrested him on Wednesday at his mother's home in Vandergrift.
District Judge James Owen committed McMasters to the Armstrong County Jail. Bail was set at $50,000.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Numine man escapes tragedy when car slides down bank into river
- Another threat yields no bomb at Armstrong high school
- Ford City council overrides veto, police cuts stay
- Fire destroys Burrell Township home on remote road
- Destroyed Plumcreek feed store to be rebuilt
- School building’s fate at center of Ford City worries
- Armstrong school will feature two marching bands
- East Franklin meeting focuses on Affordable Health Care Act
- Annual tree sale sparking thoughts of spring in Armstrong County
- Men charged with thefts from 30 vehicles in West Kittanning, East Franklin
- Billboard firm sues West Kittanning couple for ‘harassing’ customers