Voters decide area tax collector races
Voters decided just four contested tax collector races during Tuesday's general election:
East Franklin: Democrat Terry Steffy defeated Republican Roger Reitler, 508-459.
Kiski: Republican Andrew R. Evans defeated Democrat Calvin Creighton, 361-177.
Plumcreek: Republican Linda McKissick received 250 votes, defeating Democrat Camilla D. Ackerson and Independent Bonnie Rearick, who received 24 and 31 votes, respectively.
South Bend: Republican Nevin C. Rupert defeated Democrat Patricia Kirkpatrick, 98-78.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- State agents arrest Ford City man on child porn charges
- Ford City offers 50-year payment plan for its $581,000 federal debt
- Thieves destroy PennDOT front-end loader parked in Valley
- Police ‘saturation patrols’ float through Ford City
- Christian radio station off air while on the market
- Search warrants aim to tie Rayburn killing to Armstrong jail escapee
- Rock, blues highlight final free Kittanning concert on the Allegheny
- Gateway Clipper making 2 Armstrong County cruises in October
- State Rep. Pyle: Ford City debt repayment letter should be made public
- Lenape adult learning center in Manor offers free job-readiness classes, job training