Voters decide area tax collector races
Voters decided just four contested tax collector races during Tuesday's general election:
East Franklin : Democrat Terry Steffy defeated Republican Roger Reitler, 508-459.
Kiski: Republican Andrew R. Evans defeated Democrat Calvin Creighton, 361-177.
Plumcreek: Republican Linda McKissick received 250 votes, defeating Democrat Camilla D. Ackerson and Independent Bonnie Rearick, who received 24 and 31 votes, respectively.
South Bend : Republican Nevin C. Rupert defeated Democrat Patricia Kirkpatrick, 98-78.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Armstrong students put Thanksgiving feasts on the table
- Program energizes students at Manor elementary school
- Armstrong’s proposed budget increases spending, holds tax rate steady
- Football game DVD raising money for Armstrong school program
- Armstrong adds fee for assessment challenges
- Light-Up Night sparkles with special meaning in Ford City
- Latest resignation leaves Ford City planning board with only 2 members
- ‘Thanksgiving miracle’ brings turkeys to Armstrong needy
- Parker offering tax breaks for home, business upgrades
- Kittanning Salvation Army puts boots on the ground to help needy
- Raucous crowd packs meeting to back Ford City police force