Police seek BB gun vandals in South Buffalo
Police are asking South Buffalo residents to look out for juveniles who may have damaged two vehicles with BB guns last week in South Buffalo.
According to reports filed by Trooper Eric Maurer, three vehicles were damaged by BB gun fire while parked in the township between 4 p.m. Thursday and 10:45 a.m. Friday.
Maurer said police believe juveniles are shooting the vehicles.
Police said the vandals caused $350 in damage to a 2007 Ford Frestyle owned by Steven Hanz, 44, of Freeport while it was parked on Ford City Road.
The second vehicle, a 2011 Jeep Patriot owned by Gregory McCoy, 43, and Tracy McCoy, 43, both of Freeport, was shot several times, causing $450 in damage, while it was parked on Freeport Road.
Maurer advised residents to watch for cars stopping or driving slowly in front of their homes and to be aware of where their children have been and whether they are carrying BB guns in their vehicles.
Anyone with information is asked to call 724-543-2011.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Dayton food pantry sees more people each week
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- No one hurt when Indiana school bus hits pole in Shelocta
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement
- Manor appliance store owners retire after 45 years in family’s business
- ‘Victory’ for ARDC; Armstrong locks to open in 2015
- River tour offers views of Armstrong foliage
- Kittanning razes condemned homes it bought at tax sale
- Workers shaken by news Kittanning Foodland will close
- Students, ALS win when Shannock Valley principal takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- Apollo couple giving back with fundraiser for Armstrong cancer center