Kittanning vigil honors mother of 3
A candlelight vigil was held last night at Kittanning Riverfront Park to honor the life of Staci Rosborough Haslett, who died two years ago today from injuries suffered in a 2010 car crash.
Pamela McCullough, Staci's mother, organized the event to “remember the good things” about her daughter, she said.
“She was a loving mother,” McCullough said. “She was a great friend and a wonderful daughter.”
Staci was 38 and a mother of three when she died Dec. 9, 2011, in a Sugarcreek Township nursing home. It was there she spent the last 15 months of her life following the crash that eventually left her children motherless and her husband behind bars.
Staci's husband, Keith Robert Haslett, 29, was sentenced in June on a charge of homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence. The couple had been married for about a year before the September 2010 crash in Rayburn.
Staci's legal name at the time of her death was Staci Leigh Rosborough Haslett, but the last name etched on her gravestone reads Rosborough-Shaffer.
Her children, Bethanie, Scottie and Tristan Shaffer — now 16, 18 and 19, respectively — are from her previous marriage to Scott Shaffer.
She was a 1990 graduate of Lenape Technical School and owned Staci's Angel Haire Salon in Kittanning.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- North Buffalo man charged with distributing child porn
- Armstrong schools put television programming online
- Letters show Ford City had chance at cutting debt by more than $450K
- Bond reduction denied for boy accused of fatally shooting Leechburg man
- Incumbent steps aside, mayor enters council race in Ford City
- Historical society seeking Armstrong school district’s help, property
- Few changes on Armstrong primary ballot after withdrawal deadline
- Ford City residents frustrated with borough’s mounting problems
- McGrann family to see ‘angel’s’ dream come true
- Armstrong County Jail commitments