Leader Times names editor
Jeffrey Savitskie has been named editor of the Kittanning Leader Times.
He succeeds Michael O'Hare, who retired on Dec. 31 after leading the newspaper's news operation for 26 years.
“The Leader Times is an important part of Trib Total Media's local news operation, and we're pleased to have someone with Jeffrey's experience to continue serving our readers,” said Frank Craig, editor of Trib Total Media.
“We also thank Mike for his years of outstanding community journalism,” Craig added.
Savitskie comes to Armstrong County's largest newspaper from upstate New York, where he was the St. Lawrence County editor for the Watertown Daily Times. In that role, he oversaw news-gathering operations in the county for the Watertown paper, as well as three smaller daily and two weekly newspapers.
“I'm excited to work at a newspaper so committed to community journalism,” Savitskie said.
“I'm looking forward to getting to know — and helping tell the stories of — the people and places of Armstrong County.”
Richard A. Monti, senior deputy managing editor of Trib Total Media said Savitskie “is a community-minded journalist. I'm sure his leadership and vision will be immediately felt at the Leader Times.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Grants boost tunnel, trail work in Clarion and Armstrong counties
- Ford City joining growing fight against blight
- VA seeks input on services at Ford City clinic
- Ford City man arrested for making video of parking dispute
- Progressive Workshop open houses Thursday in Kittanning, Rayburn
- Valley Township couple goes all out for Halloween
- Ford City native jazzing it up at big name festival in Florida
- Grants awarded for recreational spots in Ford City, East Franklin
- Ford City official: Rift at heart of records request
- Drivers concerned with changes at Kittanning intersection
- Teen charged with threatening stepfather at Boggs home