Leader Times names editor
Jeffrey Savitskie has been named editor of the Kittanning Leader Times.
He succeeds Michael O'Hare, who retired on Dec. 31 after leading the newspaper's news operation for 26 years.
“The Leader Times is an important part of Trib Total Media's local news operation, and we're pleased to have someone with Jeffrey's experience to continue serving our readers,” said Frank Craig, editor of Trib Total Media.
“We also thank Mike for his years of outstanding community journalism,” Craig added.
Savitskie comes to Armstrong County's largest newspaper from upstate New York, where he was the St. Lawrence County editor for the Watertown Daily Times. In that role, he oversaw news-gathering operations in the county for the Watertown paper, as well as three smaller daily and two weekly newspapers.
“I'm excited to work at a newspaper so committed to community journalism,” Savitskie said.
“I'm looking forward to getting to know — and helping tell the stories of — the people and places of Armstrong County.”
Richard A. Monti, senior deputy managing editor of Trib Total Media said Savitskie “is a community-minded journalist. I'm sure his leadership and vision will be immediately felt at the Leader Times.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- No one hurt when Indiana school bus hits pole in Shelocta
- New Dayton food pantry sees more people each week
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement
- Workers shaken by news Kittanning Foodland will close
- ‘Victory’ for ARDC; Armstrong locks to open in 2015
- Online student monitoring made easier in Armstrong
- Kittanning Foodland announces it will close
- Students, ALS win when Shannock Valley principal takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- Apollo couple giving back with fundraiser for Armstrong cancer center