Brady's Bend access site closed
The Brady's Bend Access Area on the Allegheny River in Armstrong County has been closed because of unsafe conditions caused by ice jams. The area will remain closed until the ice clears, the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission said in a release issued Tuesday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Robbery nets stint in prison for Marion Center man
- Stanley’s Bar & Grill in Ford City offers free Thanksgiving dinner
- Kittanning Salvation Army kicks off holiday shoe drive
- Christmas train is an annual Armstrong holiday tradition
- Armstrong softball team sends off 41 Operation Christmas Child boxes
- Ford City council OKs purchase of 2 patrol cars
- Armstrong children can visit Santa in a quiet, calm atmosphere
- Thanksgiving meal offers Ford City students a chance to learn
- New Ken family supports Ford City boy’s toy drive
- Young violinist remains dedicated to his craft, enjoys visits home to Armstrong
- Ford City executive sessions called into question