Armstrong, Clarion sharing cost of bridge repairs
Armstrong and Clarion counties will share the cost of repairing the St. Charles Bridge that straddles the line between Madison and Porter townships.
An inspection last year revealed structural weaknesses in the bridge on St. Charles Road.
Six bids ranging from $47,247 from Terra Works in Clarion, to $132,000 from Gary Metzinger Cement Contractor in Pittsburgh, will be reviewed by Bill Braun of Senate Engineering, Harmar, and Armstrong County Planning Coordinator Christoper Jaros. The pair is expected to recommend which of the companies bidding should get the contract during the March 6 Armstrong County Commissioners meeting.
The two counties have agreed to split the cost of the project equally, Jaros said. Armstrong will pay its portion with money it gets from the Marcellus shale impact fee allotment.
The project is expected to start in the spring.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- State agents arrest Ford City man on child porn charges
- Christian radio station off air while on the market
- River Hawks band pulling it together for first gig at Kennywood
- Police probe slowed by van that hit cars after fatal crash in Manor
- Police determine which car was going wrong way in fatal Manor crash
- State Rep. Pyle: Ford City debt repayment letter should be made public