Manor Township pair charged with selling heroin
A Kittanning woman and a Mc-Kees Rocks man were arrested by the Armstrong County Narcotics Enforcement Team and charged with selling heroin to a police informant in a Manor Township home.
Nichole Claypoole, 23, and Rashaan Ahmend Campbell, 33, are being held in the Armstrong County Jail on felony and misdemeanor drug charges, according to District Attorney Scott Andreassi.
Bail was set by District Judge Gary DeComo at $50,000 each.
They are charged with selling 50 stamp bags of heroin to a police informant at a house on Garrets Run Road. Claypoole and Campbell each face two felony counts of possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture or deliver, and using a cellphone during the drug transaction. They are also charged with possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor. In addition, Campbell faces a misdemeanor charge of possession of drug paraphernalia.
Andreassi said he expects the pair to be charged with endangering the welfare of two young children who were in the house at the time of the alleged drug sale.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Tuesday in Judge DeComo's court.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Saturdays considered as snow makeup days
- From Parker to Gilpin, Armstrong prepares for floods
- Armstrong agencies busy helping keep people warm during cold snap
- Kittanning YMCA offering fitness program unique to Pa.
- Saturdays could be in play for snow days
- McGrann family to see ‘angel’s’ dream come true
- Armstrong commissioners race growing each day
- Pizza, other sweet treats offered at new Worthington restaurant
- Armstrong tourist bureau rethinking vote to move to East Franklin
- Bower won’t seek second term as Armstrong County commissioner
- Kittanning will vote to eliminate authority