Manor Township pair charged with selling heroin
A Kittanning woman and a Mc-Kees Rocks man were arrested by the Armstrong County Narcotics Enforcement Team and charged with selling heroin to a police informant in a Manor Township home.
Nichole Claypoole, 23, and Rashaan Ahmend Campbell, 33, are being held in the Armstrong County Jail on felony and misdemeanor drug charges, according to District Attorney Scott Andreassi.
Bail was set by District Judge Gary DeComo at $50,000 each.
They are charged with selling 50 stamp bags of heroin to a police informant at a house on Garrets Run Road. Claypoole and Campbell each face two felony counts of possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture or deliver, and using a cellphone during the drug transaction. They are also charged with possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor. In addition, Campbell faces a misdemeanor charge of possession of drug paraphernalia.
Andreassi said he expects the pair to be charged with endangering the welfare of two young children who were in the house at the time of the alleged drug sale.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Tuesday in Judge DeComo's court.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337, or email@example.com.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Inflatables bring joy to North Buffalo child’s world
- Fire marshal rules arson in Kittanning blaze
- Armstrong contributes to project to replace Kittanning retaining wall
- Armstrong County Jail commitments since Dec. 13
- Crash leaves Burrell Township family without father, friend
- Kittanning, Kiski police getting trained to help abuse victims
- Family escapes house fire in Kittanning
- Armstrong man dies in single-vehicle crash
- House fire quickly snuffed in Ford City
- Musician memorialized with portrait at Lenape Elementary
- Teachers at 2 Armstrong schools go casual for a cause