Kittanning bridge dropping to 1 lane for 7 months
Traffic on the Kittanning Citizens Bridge will be limited to one lane for seven months starting Friday morning when PennDOT crews begin repairs.
The eastbound lane of Butler Road that leads from West Kittanning into Kittanning is expected to be closed through June. Once that work is finished, the westbound lane will be closed through October.
Work will include repairs to the road, as well as painting and structural work on the bridge, Project Manager Nate Adams said.
Projected snow and cold delayed the scheduled Thursday start of the project, he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Drivers concerned with changes at Kittanning intersection
- Ford City joining growing fight against blight
- Ford City man arrested for making video of parking dispute
- Grants boost tunnel, trail work in Clarion and Armstrong counties
- Tours of Armstrong’s school construction site offered next month
- Ford City official: Rift at heart of records request
- Progressive Workshop open houses Thursday in Kittanning, Rayburn
- VA seeks input on services at Ford City clinic
- Salvation Army struggles to meet growing need in Armstrong County
- ‘Elvis’ alive and well in Cowanshannock
- Valley Township couple goes all out for Halloween